Kubota Electrical Problem

/ Kubota Electrical Problem #1  

tnbigal

Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
Need so suggestions on what to look for regarding an electrical issue.

2004 Kubota L3400DT-HST

Battery replaced about 3 months ago. Getting nothing when I turn the switch. Lights will not come on, no clicks, no lights on dash, etc.

Here's what I've done/checked:
Battery is reading about 12.7V
All fuses check good.
Getting power at starter (can put a screwdriver from connection to ground and get a spark.
Good connection on battery terminals and on ground side of the battery
Replaced the ignition switch for good measure

I would think most of the normal issues, like seat, pto, neutral, and safety switches wouldn't prevent the dash, hazard, or headlights from coming on.
Even a weak battery, which should be the case, would usually get a dim light or a click. Worked fine one day, dead the next.

Any ideas?

/ Kubota Electrical Problem #2  
Look to see if there is a small black fuse box close to the battery. On my 5030HST it was getting full of dirt/dust so the fuses were not making good connections and the tractor would not start. I cleaned all of the connections and used electrical tape to seal it. That was about 6 years ago and it has been working fine ever since.

/ Kubota Electrical Problem
Look to see if there is a small black fuse box close to the battery. On my 5030HST it was getting full of dirt/dust so the fuses were not making good connections and the tractor would not start. I cleaned all of the connections and used electrical tape to seal it. That was about 6 years ago and it has been working fine ever since.
I checked the fuses and they appear to be good. Since I'm getting power at the starter terminal, I surmised that would be good, although I guess its possible one could be going to the starter and one to the ignition. I guess I need to check the voltage at those points.

The Kubota manual doesn't do a good job of telling what box feeds what on the tractor.

/ Kubota Electrical Problem #4  
It sounds like your ignition switch is bad.

It sounds like your ignition switch is bad.
Originally that's what I thought, so I replaced it with no change. I think I'm just losing power at some point between the battery and the switch. I checked all of the fuses, but didn't check the voltages at all of the points on the fuse panel. I guess that will be my next step.

Checked all that you suggested. Somehow in the middle of all that the tractor started making a noise, and I found a stuck relay behind the dash. moved it and it started working. Played around for a bit and can't get it to fail. Guess I should still order a new one.

/ Kubota Electrical Problem #7  
Glad you figured out your problem. Try Messick's website. It has some good parts diagrams that can help you figure out what relay you need and where the wires are routed.

Glad you figured out your problem. Try Messick's website. It has some good parts diagrams that can help you figure out what relay you need and where the wires are routed.

Thanks, I actually had the printouts from Messicks and was using them to help me troubleshoot.
They're good diagrams, but not great.

/ Kubota Electrical Problem #9  
These are some good suggestions...I have the same problem that

tnbigal has....will give them a try.​