BX22 oil leak

/ BX22 oil leak #1  

JoeBX22

Tractor
BX22 TLB
I have a small oil leak in the rear of the tractor. The color of the oil is green, but I'm not sure if this varies by dealers who may or may not put it in upon arrival from the factory. It seems to be on the left side if facing the rear of the tractor and has gathered on the inside wall of the left rear tire. Some of the bars and tubes have an oil coating on them and drips on the floor range from 6" to 8" left and right and the same front to back, just below the rear trans. I was thinking trans. oil so I checked the dip stick and seems low but still with in range. I'm having trouble isolating exactly where it is coming from. I have 6.5hrs. on it. Any suggestions would be great.

Joe

/ BX22 oil leak #2  
Maybe the oil strainer on the left side? If it was removed and installed incorrectly it will leak.

/ BX22 oil leak
Mike I just got back in from taking these pictures to clarify what's happening. I'll go back and check the screen to see if it is in properly. Thanks for the tip.

Joe

Attachments

• 280936-P6162217.jpg
    280936-P6162217.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 264
   / BX22 oil leak
Oil on tire and oil soaked clippings
Joe

Attachments

• 280942-P6162217.jpg
    280942-P6162217.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 183
   / BX22 oil leak
Oil caught in pan overnight
Joe

Attachments

• 280945-P6162219.jpg
    280945-P6162219.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 226
   / BX22 oil leak #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have a small oil leak in the rear of the tractor. )</font>

I'll be the dolt and ask... are you sure it's not fuel oil? The fuel tank is mounted above that area and if overfilled or leaking it will drip down in several different areas (don't ask me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif).

/ BX22 oil leak #7  
I also think it may be diesel and not oil. There has been discussions about leaks coming from the line coming out of the fuel tank. After I read about this leak on TBN I checked my new BX22 and it is also leaking from that area. Just enough to coat the line, not as bad as your leak. I don't know of an oil that is green. Do you buy your diesel from a gas station which is green or do you buy the off-road, non-taxed, red-dyed diesel. Also could it be green from the grass that is on you tractor. These are just my thoughts from looking at your pics.

/ BX22 oil leak
Reb. & Bob

I will check the fuel lines. I have noticed that my fuel guage has been reading incorrectly(1/4 tank when full) and called the dealer today about it. I just thought I had a faulty float or something.

Reb. yes I did fill up at the gas station so it could be diesel.
I just thought the viscosity was to high to be fuel.

Never got a chance to get back out under it to see if it was the screen as Mark suggested earlier. (Bath night for the kids /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif)

Joe

/ BX22 oil leak #9  
All the hydraulic lines originate from that area. Pull that wheel off and check to make sure everything is tight. When I had my 2200, I had fluid leaking similarly to yours. Turned out to be a loose fitting at the hydraulic block.

/ BX22 oil leak
Sorry Mike I referred to you as Mark

Well I spoke to the dealer today and they said there was a service bulletin regarding faulty "sending unit" wires and the seal where it comes out of the tank. They want the tractor to fix it, look for the leak and fix the gauge. I still think it's hyd. oil and not diesel. I did a scientific test. I smelled it. Then dipped my finger in the diesel can. The trans fluid was low and the green color is probably just from the clippings (as you stated Reb.) Looks like there is a set screw (plug?) just to the left of what looks like a pump or valve. It has a drip under it.

rlw.

If I cant get to the dealer before the week-end I'll pull that wheel as you suggested. We'll see, I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks for the input.

Joe