Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #1  

moship

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130 HST 4x4 Kubota L4740-3 HST
Background:

I am trying to help my Dad out with his BX2200 to make it easier to swap out the FEL and front mounted snow blower. He originally purchased the BX2200 used with a mid-mounted mower deck and LA211 FEL. After some time he purchased a used Kubota front mounted snow blower, and the headaches began. The headaches stem from him not remembering how the hydraulic lines are routed and his current system not being optimal to accommodate the swaps.

75% of the time the tractor is used as a mower without any other attachments.
25% of the time the mid mower is removed and the snow blower attached.
The FEL doesn't get used because he cannot remember how to attach the various hoses, plus attaching the FEL is a pain given the way the FEL has to be removed. The 4-way controll lever & spool assemble is directly attached to the FEL upright support and is designed to stay with the FEL. Given the 4-way control lever and spool assembly is needed for snow blowing he ends up removing the FEL arm and cylinder pins and leaves the upright post attached (see picture)

To complicate matters a number of hoses and/or couplings have broken over the years, so he often steals hoses off the FEL to make the snow blower work... It is a real mess.

Questions:
1. Does Kubota have an alternative arrangement so the control lever and spool assembly can stay on the tractor? P/N's or pictures would really help. I'm guessing it will be extremely expensive if they do, so if anyone has a homemade design I would like to learn about it.

2. Three metal hydraulic lines come out of the tractor (See photo). Two are currently looped together to complete the circuit, but the third has nothing attached. Is this correct when using just the mid mower? Is the third line ever used for FEL or SB operation?

3. Can anyone forward a page or two from the FEL Owner's manual detailing the hose connections? (or snow blower manual)

I do not live close to him, so P/N's, photos, etc. will go a long way in my effort to be efficient in improving this situation for him.

Goal:
To make the easier for my Dad to be able to swap out the implements, so he can take full advantage of its potential.
Desired configurations include:
1. Mower only
2. FEL w/wo mid-mower
3. Snow Blower only

Thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• Controller Post.JPG
    Controller Post.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 1,444
  • FEL.JPG
    FEL.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,664
  • Hyd Supply.JPG
    Hyd Supply.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 898
  • Missing hose.JPG
    Missing hose.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 940
  • Spool Hoses.JPG
    Spool Hoses.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,584
   / Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #2  
I am really puzzled by your setup. I too have a BX2200 and LA211 FEL. The joystick valve with 4 male connectors stay with the tractor. The FEL just slips into the uprights that are on the tractor. Hoses just plug into the 4 male connectors mounted on the upright. They are color coded. Takes all of 5 min to take on and off. You do not have to take anything off the FEL as I see in your second photo. Do you really have an older mount 210 I believe that came off the tractor????? Things just don't look like my LA211.

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup
dennisgw,

Thanks for commenting. The way yours works is what I'm looking for. I'm encouraged it is possible and now must wonder what parts are needed.

Is there any way you can photograph a picture of how your joystick mounts to the tractor? You'll notice that my Dad's joystick mounts to the FEL itself and thus creates the problem when mounting the snow blower. (reference 1st photo in post #1)

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #4  
After he sends a picture I'll be taking the tractor to get a bracket made and welded onto the subframe leg.
I can see the trouble he is having. That should make it as easy as your 3130.

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #5  
I have what your Dad has so I know what you are talking about. I don't have a blower and didn't get one because of the issues with pulling the loader off but leaving the controls on. I don't know of any kit that can be purchased to address this. I have just purchased a BX 25 and this issue was part of the reason. That said, your hose connections without the loader or blower attached don't match mine. You are correct in assuming that only two hoses are used to create a bypass but on mine they are the two closest to the operator platform. When you hook up the loader the bypass hose comes out of the middle and goes to the loader and two hoses come down from the loader and connect to the other two ports that come out of the tractor. My loader is not on right now but I'm probably going to attach it tomorrow so I can take some pictures for you so at least you will know how to hook up the loader if you want. The book isn't super helpful as far as showing which hose goes where.

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #6  
Mo,

I have the set up your Dad has, I also have a front snowblower. The valve has to come off the loader and relocated to the tractor each time you do your fall snowblower set up and then again in the spring mowing , a REAL pain!!

The set up for the loader valve if you are looking at the valve is as follows:

Left Top: Blue
Right Top: White
Left Bottom: Red
Right Bottom: Yellow

The hoses on the loader side should be color coded and connected as noted above colors.

When you connect the blower the front lift is connected to the Blue and Red on the loader valve as noted above.

I will not set up the tractor for winter until around Thanksgiving. I will take photos when I do that for you.

Hope this helps.

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup
Thanks for all the great responses and I look forward to any photos (even if they are months away).

dennisgw seems to have the setup all of us desire, so I'm hoping he can provide a few pictures or any other details that will either lead to the alternative Kubota parts or how to rig something up.

NY_Yankees_Fan: Thanks for the color codes.

/ Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #8  
Just went to garage to get some pictures. I believe I have the LA211 with the 4 position valve. The valve stays with the loader mounting bracket on the tractor. I have taken a picture of this. Could you weld a bracket onto your mounting bracket to support your valve? 3 hoses come from the metal lines under the tractor and go into the valve. 4 vertically inline male connectors are used to connect the FEL. Only 2 of the lines are used for lifting the snowblower. You can also see the color coding on the protective caps. Right now the FEL is not connected to the mounting bracket. I just drive in close to the FEL. Hope this helps you visualize what my system is like. The black tubular thing on the back of the valve is used to support the crank that goes out to manually rotate the chute on the blower. The plastic part broke and I replaced with a metal ball swivel. Do you know if you have the 3 position or 4 position joystick valve?? I think you should be able to modify your valve to be permanently mounted to the loader mounting bracket. It really makes life simple when using the FEL.

Attachments

• IMG_3528.jpg
    IMG_3528.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_3530.jpg
    IMG_3530.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 1,078
  • IMG_3531.jpg
    IMG_3531.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 732
   / Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #9  
   / Help with BX2200 and Hydraulic Hose for FEL and Snow Blower Setup #10  
moship said:
Thanks for all the great responses and I look forward to any photos (even if they are months away).

dennisgw seems to have the setup all of us desire, so I'm hoping he can provide a few pictures or any other details that will either lead to the alternative Kubota parts or how to rig something up.

NY_Yankees_Fan: Thanks for the color codes.

Here's pictures of the tractor without loader and with loader. It's pretty hard to get a decent photo once the loader is attached so I'm afraid they might not be very helpful.

Bob .B.

Attachments

• image-2969844433.jpg
    image-2969844433.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 2,476
  • image-3895193428.jpg
    image-3895193428.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 639
  • image-3332235778.jpg
    image-3332235778.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 1,024
  • image-3705910418.jpg