Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #41  
Chopped, do u have any pics of some of your creations? They sound cool.

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #42  
I hope u r still impressed when I clarify that the load of pavers was on the rear... ;)

I'll have to test out that pallet on the FEL and let u know the results. My forks weigh (I think) 350lbs. So...I'm thinkin' the pallet ain't comin off the ground with the FEL, based on the weight assumptions given a few posts ago. But... we will see... :D

Yup, I'm still impressed, I realized it was on the 3pt. Your Max 28XL is direct competition to my previous CK30 and I don't think my CK30 would have lifted that pallet on the 3pt, and wouldn't have even been close with the FEL, as I think you'll find with yours. There is no Mahindra dealer near by, so it wasn't even an option for me, but there's no denying, for the money, they make a big, strong, heavy tractor, much like Kioti IMHO.

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks
That's heavier than my grand l's box blade, I need a better one for it.

You got to have weight to penetrate. Well at least in my crazy hard soil

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #44  
Chopped, do u have any pics of some of your creations? They sound cool.
here are a few.nothing to pretty, but for the low cost of used lumber etc. they are works of art . Also not the old freezer as a tote, and the old oil barrel cut in half.:laughing:
Oh and the second ones show what happens when your to high with the forks onthe 'pallet 'type.

Attachments

• IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    770.5 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    919.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    970.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_0533.jpg
    IMG_0533.jpg
    882.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0525.jpg
    IMG_0525.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 206
   / Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #45  
The BX is a great machine. What I have is more like the B2920, I think. Mine is 28hp. Rear lift is 2200lbs. FEL lift is 1400lbs.

I'm not sure how much each paver weighs, but aside from a few broken ones, there are 208 pavers on the pallet. It would be cool to know what that weighs.

This is a link to the tractor I have:
Mahindra Max 28XL 4WD HST - Mahindra Tractors - Heavy Duty, Value Packed Tractors. Built Tough to Last with a 5 year Warranty

Will that pallet mover idea work for you at all? It costs the same as my forks...so, pretty reasonable, to me.
Thanks for comparing the Max to a B series.:thumbsup:

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #46  
Chopped, those r very creative. What tool did u choose to cut the oil tank with? How long did it take to cut? How difficult? Would u cut it again? I ask because I have two fuel oil tanks, which r in great condition, but if I don't find someone interested in them, I've been pondering ideas for cutting them into "rings" to hold the wood.

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #47  
94BULLITT said:
Thanks for comparing the Max to a B series.:thumbsup:

The OP pointed out that the mahindra site comparison actually measures it to the L3200. After he pointed that out, I had to recheck that for myself. :D It's a serious machine. Did u see the post above of the tree that tried to tangle with it? The tree didn't win :)

The Max 28 is larger (frame, tires) than the Max 22/25...and, I think, has the motor from the 3016.

But I think the Max 22/25 are also closer to the B series, than BX...not certain, though.

U r welcome. :)

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #48  
Sure Id do it again.One I used a torch, but it was messy .So ive progressed to using some abrasive wheels for the circular saw. they have them at wal mart for around 5 or so dollars for three.
I think I used one wheel if that.A note is if you do that, make sure you give the saw 'breaks'.It can heat up fairly fast. I used an older saw and it really takes a toll if you push them to much. Ive just lately been using a fan to blow cool air into the end of the saw.That helped greatly.With the chop blade you get a good clean cut.some suggestions are to not bury the blade any deeper than you need.I also went lightly to make the initial score mark and then I went back and forth working it.sometimes even cutting backwards.I drilled a few holes in the bottom for drainage.And then used a 4x4 for the skids. a couple of good lag bolts from the inside out the bottom into the wood.they are quite rugged.
Chopped, those r very creative. What tool did u choose to cut the oil tank with? How long did it take to cut? How difficult? Would u cut it again? I ask because I have two fuel oil tanks, which r in great condition, but if I don't find someone interested in them, I've been pondering ideas for cutting them into "rings" to hold the wood.

Thanks for the pics. :thumbsup:

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #49  
The OP pointed out that the mahindra site comparison actually measures it to the L3200. After he pointed that out, I had to recheck that for myself. :D It's a serious machine. Did u see the post above of the tree that tried to tangle with it? The tree didn't win :)

The Max 28 is larger (frame, tires) than the Max 22/25...and, I think, has the motor from the 3016.

But I think the Max 22/25 are also closer to the B series, than BX...not certain, though.

U r welcome. :)

I think the Max28 is close to a B3200 but I don't think I have seen one. I compared dimensions and weight on the spec sheet and they were comparable. The smaller Max 22 and 25 are like a B2320 and 2620 I think. I saw where you dug out that tree.:D

/ Moving firewood palette with BX, bolt on forks #50  
Here is how I stack wood on pallets. I use cambuckle straps to secure the wood if I am moving any distance or over rough terrain. I have 14 pallets like. I think each one holds close to 1/2 a full size pick up load of wood. I did not want to build a frame on the pallets because they would take up a lot of space when I am not using them.

IMG_20120909_190139.jpg

Here are the home made 3ph pallet mover I use. I also have a set of forks for the fel on the L4240.

2011-04-01221244.jpg

2011-04-03111654.jpg

2011-04-04174013.jpg

2011-04-07202446.jpg