three cheers for the toothbar

/ three cheers for the toothbar #1  

apease

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
I had some uneven dirt baking in the sun all summer. The new toothbar made quick work of it. Much better than just the straight edge of the loader. It's from iammanufacturing.com. Before and after pictures....

Attachments

• DSC_0003-small.JPG
    DSC_0003-small.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 573
  • DSC_0030-small.JPG
    DSC_0030-small.JPG
    447.6 KB · Views: 565
   / three cheers for the toothbar #2  
I have a tooth bar on my FEL. I have found it to be quite useful in regards to many tasks also. BTW, good job.

/ three cheers for the toothbar #3  
I have had great results with a "Ratchet Rake" that is got from Tractor Supply.

/ three cheers for the toothbar #4  
Good job. I to use the RatchetRake which I've had for years. Started with a toothbar and sold it. The difference is the RatchetRake would have pulled all those smaller rocks out and left it ready to plant grass seed condition.
The toothbar is great for the rougher jobs like you started with but the RR is more for finer grade stuff. Guess I'd compare it to the different grades of sandpaper.:)

/ three cheers for the toothbar #5  
I used a ratchetrake to take out an old, overgrown fencerow... Saplings, vines, fence posts, wire and all and it left a beautifully smooth ground ready for seed. Only problem is that it created more for me to have to mow. Toothbars and rakes that make the FEL more effective against brush and trash add a lot to the usefulness of tractors.

/ three cheers for the toothbar #6  
Love my tooth bar. It adds another layer of versatility to my tractor. It is great for lifting things, digging, and so many more things. :tractor:

/ three cheers for the toothbar #7  
I did something similar for a neighbor recently. It just so happened that my toothbar arrived just before starting the work. I purchased the bxpanded toothbar after looking at many types and reading the forums. My main reason for going with that one was the fact that I can back drag with the bucket and get a smooth pull on the dirt so as not to leave tooth marks. At one end I had a five foot hard clay embankment and had to raise the other end by 2 feet (20' x 14'). The toothbar dug right in on the high hard stuff and I was able to drop the dirt and drag it out completely flat. It would have been a difficult task without the toothbar. I'll add that the toothbar I purchased is Excellent for removing brush and ivy, something there is too much of in my area.

/ three cheers for the toothbar #8  
Your toothbar is better than mine, yours can make blue tarps, concrete bags and cement blocks turn into dirt.

/ three cheers for the toothbar #9  
That settles it, I am gonna order me one of them toothy things!

/ three cheers for the toothbar #10  
I have had my tractor for about three years now. I have a backhoe as well as the FEL and I previously used the backhoe to break up the hard clay around here before moving it with the bucket. I put off buying the toothbar for too long. After I got it, I felt really stupid (cheap) for waiting as long as I did. I am soooo glad I have it, it makes many tasks easy. I did make a few modifications to the installation over the basic instructions. I added additional steel gussets at the front of the bucket to give the bucket added rigidity. The toothbar also comes with the necessary fasteners (2), but were sized at 5/8 inch so I went to a 3/4 inch Grade 8 fastener with fender and lock washers. What is nice is the ability to remove the two fasteners and remove the toothbar. It takes me 5 minutes to install or remove the thing. It does not get much easier. Don't wait, get one while you are thinking about it! You will not regret it.