Max Front Counterweight Weight

/ Max Front Counterweight Weight #1  

akman

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3430HSTC
Hi all,

Just purchased a Hardi 3pt mounted vineyard mistblower for spraying our vineyard. The unit weights about 540# empty, and when filled can go right up to the 3pt lift limit weight. Our B2910 has no problem running the spray unit (HP wise or carrying the weight ).

I had to attach the loader when first using the sprayer for counterweight purposes. The balance situatuation worked out fine, however the loader sticks out so far in front of the tractor, it requires me to spray every third row and then come back for the rest in order to make the turn radius' work.

I have since constructed a concrete counterweight for the 2910's front end. It weighs about 400#.

To make a long story short /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif, is this too much weight for the tractor front frame ?

I will try to hang the weight today and give it a test. The weight attaches to the bolt plate just below, and attached to, the LA402 sub frame.

Let me know what you think. I will try and post some pics later.

Thanks,

Tony

/ Max Front Counterweight Weight #2  
Hi Tony, it seems like your tractor should easily handle 400 pounds on the front end as you've got more than that when you use the FEL, right? I'm not familiar with your tractor but on mine the weight bracket and the front FEL supports are not too far apart.

On the other hand, do you really need that much weight? How far rearward does your sprayer/tank stick? Compare that distance (from rear axle) to the distance from the rear axle to the front weights. You should have quite a large lever for the front weight to act on /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Max Front Counterweight Weight
Counterweight works great. Constructed from wood form with rebar and mesh. Took five bags high pressure concrete for a total weight of 400 pounds.

Attachments

• 285851-borisconcretetbn.jpg
    285851-borisconcretetbn.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 235
   / Max Front Counterweight Weight #4  
Looks great akman as well as the rest of your spray rig. How do you get that much weight up on your tractor though? When will the wine be ready /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Max Front Counterweight Weight
Hi Rob,

Well, I set the weight on a block pad at exactly the same height as the mounting on the front of my Kubota. I then drive up and engage the mounting bolts, bolt on, and for peace of mind, attach two straps. Takes about five minutes to install or detach.

The way the vines are taking off, we might be able to get a harvest next season. This year we are removing about a gazillion flower clusters to promote vine growth.

Tony