Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    kubota L 2350 DT

Default dealership nightmare

On Mon aug 13 i delivered my l2350 for clutch and brake repair. Was told they would begin on tractor tues, then wed, then thur then fri u get the pic. Finally the following fri morn called them and said i will pick up tractor fri at 4pm ready or not. When i arrived ar 345 they had 4 of the greasiest mechinics laying in a combo of oil sand and dirt on floor working on my tractor. I observed 1 mech pouring generic oil in trans. When pay bill i am charged with kubota oil (2x price from them) the tractor then would not start, had 3 pt hitch backwards and only 1 bolt in each fender (requires 4). I read label on oil bucket in parts and it dosent meet kubota specs. When i got home i drained oil and saw about 3 dz "love-bugs" and several globs of rust dirt grease etc in 1st 2 gallons. Called another dealer and he is going to tear down check out clean-out and new oil. What can i sue for? The real problem is that the oil wont be noticed for several years of operating then u wont even remember who work on it. Just got a 15 yr old tractor w/ burned out trans, good brakes and good engine Im goin to war!!! DAn

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: dealership nightmare

I would call kubota corporate.

Banned
    Tractor
    L5450

Wow. I hope you took pictures of what you saw. Corporate would want to see them. Good luck.

I would get the second dealer to document what they find. You could have them save the oil they remove and you could have it tested to see if it is kubota brand or not. You can file a complaint with the BBB and possibly your states atty. You could try to sue but it's probably going to hard unless you can get solid proof. But I would go back to the original dealer and tell them your impressions and what you found. One thing you can do is make lots of noise around town that they are an untrustworthy shop.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Let the first dealership's upper management know what you found, and let them know you are going else where for the re repair. Ask them to pay for the corrective work or refund the original invoice cost. i wouldn't threaten a law suit right away but let them know how disappointed you are in a factory authorized dealer. If they're rude about it let them know that kubota will hear about it and so will your lawyer......and maybe others. Good luck.
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by danwhitworth View Post
    On Mon aug 13 i delivered my l2350 for clutch and brake repair. Was told they would begin on tractor tues, then wed, then thur then fri u get the pic. Finally the following fri morn called them and said i will pick up tractor fri at 4pm ready or not. When i arrived ar 345 they had 4 of the greasiest mechinics laying in a combo of oil sand and dirt on floor working on my tractor. I observed 1 mech pouring generic oil in trans. When pay bill i am charged with kubota oil (2x price from them) the tractor then would not start, had 3 pt hitch backwards and only 1 bolt in each fender (requires 4). I read label on oil bucket in parts and it doesn't meet kubota specs. When i got home i drained oil and saw about 3 dz "love-bugs" and several globs of rust dirt grease etc in 1st 2 gallons. Called another dealer and he is going to tear down check out clean-out and new oil. What can i sue for? The real problem is that the oil wont be noticed for several years of operating then u wont even remember who work on it. Just got a 15 yr old tractor w/ burned out trans, good brakes and good engine Im goin to war!!! DAn
    Dear Sir: I am somewhat puzzled. In your post, you stated that "I read label on oil bucket in parts and it doesn't meet Kubota specs". You also stated that the tractor wouldn't start, and that the 3 point hitch was on backwards and that each fender had only one bolt in them instead of the required 4 bolts. Did you notice this before you took your tractor Home? Apparently you noticed the wrong oil was used before you took possession of your tractor since you stated that you "read label n oil bucket in PARTS" Did you not check your Tractor out before you picked it up from the dealer? You obviously had adequate time to do so, since you stated that you saw 4 mechanics working on your Tractor and that you even observed one mechanic pouring generic oil in the tranny. I am confused as to why you accepted your Tractor and paid the bill. If you took your Tractor home from the dealer, you obviously had to start it to put the tractor on the trailer. The more I look over and read your post, I am still pondering why you accepted your Tractor without first checking the work performed on it.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by creekbend View Post
    Dear Sir: I am somewhat puzzled. In your post, you stated that "I read label on oil bucket in parts and it doesn't meet kubota specs". You also stated that the tractor wouldn't start, and that the 3 point hitch was on backwards and that each fender had only one bolt in them instead of the required 4 bolts. Did you notice this before you took your tractor Home? Apparently you noticed the wrong oil was used before you took possession of your tractor since you stated that you "read label n oil bucket in PARTS" Did you not check your Tractor out before you picked it up from the dealer? You obviously had adequate time to do so, since you stated that you saw 4 mechanics working on your Tractor and that you even observed one mechanic pouring generic oil in the tranny. I am confused as to why you accepted your Tractor and paid the bill. If you took your Tractor home from the dealer, you obviously had to start it to put the tractor on the trailer. The more I look over and read your post, I am still pondering why you accepted your Tractor without first checking the work performed on it.
    Wow, that's a heck of a post :-/

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    B2710

Quote Originally Posted by danwhitworth View Post
    Im goin to war!!! DAn
    You could try goin' to talk first, original dealer might listen.
    Lots of drama for your first post. As Creekbend points out, we could use some more information understanding how this all happened the way you describe.
    Kubota B2710, New Holland CM274 front mower, Toro Zmaster ZTR, Ford 908 bush hog, New Idea manure spreader, Swisher trail mower

Tractor
    Kubota BX2230

Quote Originally Posted by BeezFun
    You could try goin' to talk first, original dealer might listen.
    Lots of drama for your first post. As Creekbend points out, we could use some more information understanding how this all happened the way you describe.
    If I had seen the oil being added as described, the mechanic would have never finished pouring it in. My cell phone camera would have gotten an immediate workout and the manager dragged to the shop by his earlobe.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Quote Originally Posted by RaydaKub View Post
    If I had seen the oil being added as described, the mechanic would have never finished pouring it in. My cell phone camera would have gotten an immediate workout and the manager dragged to the shop by his earlobe.
    I might not have gone as far as to drag the manager in by the earlobe, but the oil would have stopped right then and there and I would not have accepted it until the tractor had been flushed to my satisfaction.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Page 1 of 28 123411 ... LastLast