BX2360 Upgrades

/ BX2360 Upgrades #81  
The Racor install look good, when I see these pics it makes me feel bad about my hack fabrication skills. I also had problems with the factory filter plugging or frezzing in the winter.

/ BX2360 Upgrades #82  
Nice install on the filter! You'll appreciate it in the cold. I havent had a fuel issue (knock on wood) since I did mine. Adding the water sensor will be a nice mod. Not really necessarily because of the clear bowl, but it will look pretty sweet on the dash if you use a decent indicator lamp

/ BX2360 Upgrades #83  
Thank you.

Here is a pic of the bracket. You can see the plate on the back.

I think those old B series are what helped Kubota earn the great reputation they have today. I bet that B7200 does really go with ags on it. I just got chains for all 4 tires on the BX so hopefully it will climb a tree.

/ BX2360 Upgrades
I see you put your hours and date on the filters as well. Its sure does take the guess work out. I keep a log book and try and document as much as I can but the data on the filter removes any doubts someone might have.

Yes, I put the date and hours on the filters on all of my equipment. If you ever sell your tractor the new owner may appreciate the log book.

The Racor install look good, when I see these pics it makes me feel bad about my hack fabrication skills. I also had problems with the factory filter plugging or frezzing in the winter.

Thanks for the compliment. A big part of the battle when fabricating (or any job) is having the right tools. I have a portaband with a table and it made cutting the bracket very easy then I rounded the corners with a grinder with a flap disk. Before I had the portaband I would have had to use a reciprocating saw (which works pretty good) or a cut off wheel but working with a small peice like this would be a little hard with either of those tools.

I don't know how my filter keep from freezing as much I was using the BX in the last storm we got. I was thinking it was 1/3 full but it was not that bad. One thing I did do was keep the BX in the garage which is heated so my my fuel was warm.

Nice install on the filter! You'll appreciate it in the cold. I havent had a fuel issue (knock on wood) since I did mine. Adding the water sensor will be a nice mod. Not really necessarily because of the clear bowl, but it will look pretty sweet on the dash if you use a decent indicator lamp

Thanks. I'll appreciate the filter year round knowing the BX is getting cleaner fuel.I think the racor should end most fuel issues with the BX. I was thinking it would be cool to have a WIF sensor on it too. Mine has the metal bowl on it. I really don't need a WIF sensor, I can drain it every 50 or 100hrs. Did you notice the drain on my filter? You just push up on it to drain it, it is also made so you can slide a hose on it.

Thank you.

Your welcome. If you have any more questions let me know.

/ BX2360 Upgrades
It looks like a big boy tractor with the filter hanging on the side of it:laughing:

/ BX2360 Upgrades #86  
I didnt notice the metal bowl, I thought it was just dark in the picture:laughing: In that case I probably would make a point of installing the WIF light. Youd be surprised how much water you can gather in it in only a few hours. The push to drain option is interesting too. Wonder what those filters were custom made for??

/ BX2360 Upgrades
I didnt notice the metal bowl, I thought it was just dark in the picture:laughing: In that case I probably would make a point of installing the WIF light. Youd be surprised how much water you can gather in it in only a few hours. The push to drain option is interesting too. Wonder what those filters were custom made for??

I did not think there would be that it would catch that much water but I was judging by how much the factory filter catches. The seller said they were surplus. I wonder if they were military surplus:confused3: The guy at Racor said he could not tell who they were made for.

/ BX2360 Upgrades #88  
Could be mil surplus.. Could be an engine/machine OEM too. Never know with all the confidentiality agreements they have them sign.

They are a much higher quality filter so I dont doubt theyll pull more water out than stock. I probably see more water in my fuel than many because my BX is outside 24/7.

/ BX2360 Upgrades
Here is my electric OCDC. I was inspired by Scooby074's OCDC.

/ BX2360 Upgrades
Some pics