Looking at a a BX2360

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #1  

carlcroom

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
I have a BX2200 that I bought in 2000 and I'm thinking about trading it in for a BX2360. I would appreciate hearing from owners about problems or things to look out for. Like on the BX2200, the crappy dashboard switches, the fuel gauge not working, going through 3 power-steering hoses in less than 5 weeks. Any things like these on the 2360? Thanks

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #2  
I have a 2360. I only have 28hrs on it. I love it. I have not seen many people having problems on here having problems with them. The 2360 has tons of power for using it to mow.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #3  
Get the BX2660. Not much more $$, but you get the additional HP, which is nice to have.

ETA: The fuel gauge on the entire BX series suck. It's because of the shape of the tank.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #4  
We traded our 2200 which was actually a dependable tractor in on a 2660 which is very close to the 2360, we preferred the nicer seat, and have been very happy, right at four trouble free years. They are easy to use and maintain, no problems with our fuel gauge or anything else. We put Bro Tek guards on as it goes in the woods, BXpanded also makes guards and other neat stuff for them.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #5  
I don't own a 2360 but a 2350. The one thing that comes to mind is to check the transmission cooling fan to make sure its not broken.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #6  
If I remember correctly, the BX2660 I owned had a totally unreliable fuel guage. I never bothered getting it replaced on warranty since it wasn't that big of a problem for me. I just filled up after every 2 to 3 mowings.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #7  
If I remember correctly, the BX2660 I owned had a totally unreliable fuel guage. I never bothered getting it replaced on warranty since it wasn't that big of a problem for me. I just filled up after every 2 to 3 mowings.

Mine seems fairly accurate but when you go up and down hills it goes from full to empty cause of the fuel sloshing around.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #8  
I have had a BX 2360 for a year and half. Use it consistently to mow during summer, occasional snow plowing and plenty of loader jobs (dirt moving, firewood, landscaping, etc).

Things to look out for. The fuel gauge works, but the tank shape makes it less than accurate. The only break down I had was a hydraulic line to the 3 pt hitch cracked, but it was a part that Kubota had a service bulletin on. Didn't cost me any $$, but it did happen mid-project on the weekend. I did add the BXpanded under armor because the under carriage seemed vulnerable when doing firewood.

/ Looking at a a BX2360 #9  
3 1/2 years 650 hrs use RFM, RC, Rear snow blower, much more equipment with zero problems. Go for it!

/ Looking at a a BX2360
Thanks to everyone for their responses. Did the deal this morning and may have it delivered on Friday. I just hope it's as dependable and relatively trouble free as the old 2200