Poor Kubota Paint Prep

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #1  

robertm

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Well, I don't mean to go Sissy, but wouldn't you think that after spending many grand on a tractor and attachments, you could expect the paint to stay on it? I have a LA272 loader on my B7500, and every weekend I look at the loader, there is paint literally peeling off in large flakes from the loader. Not the bucket or the mounting saddles that get hit in mounting and removing the loader, but areas that have never seen use. I only have about ten hours on the loader, and frankly, the underside of the mower has perfect paint (no grass buildup either) and the loader looks like $hit. The funny thing is, there is no primer underneath after the paint falls off. Yes, it's meant to use, but when the water gets behind the paint flakes, it's starting to rust. In a year, the tractor will look new, but the loader will look like it came of a 1906 'Bota. It is obviously a poor prep on Kubotas part. Any thoughts or experiences? Let 'er roll.

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Any thoughts or experiences? )</font>

Just that it would certainly seem unusual. I've had two Kubotas with loaders and never had any paint peeling or chipping. The only paint I ever lost was what was rubbed off the bucket from use and a few scratches on the loader arms from brush and one encounter with a barbed wire fence. It does sound as if someone "forgot" the primer though I don't know how that could happen.

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #3  
I must of had the same batch loaders,mine is flaking on two of my loaders and the stickers on the tractors wont stay on.

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #4  
I'd be willing to bet that the dealer might have touched up a few spots....could have been damage from shipping.
You should get a chance to sound off to Kubota when yoy get the 30 day customer satisfaction survey.......

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #5  
I would think that the primer guy in the USA Mfg plant was on break and missed your loader or you have a Monday AM special.

Talk to Kubota and they should resolve this.

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #6  
dont worry the paint on my loader have been flaking off in huge chunks since the moment i got it....with know primer either. emailed kubota nothin! email again nothin! its coming off all over the place bucket, arms, saddles...everywere. no one at kubota really seems to care and my dealer can only paint it so much with touchup...but atleast that paint isnt falling off!

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #7  
I have an 2001 ZD21 (100 hrs) that stays INDOORS when not in use, and the paint is peeling in places. It too has no primer under the peeling spots.

Even if I have to remove all the sheetmetal in 10 years, and repaint it, It still beats anything of a different color. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Ben

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #8  
I agree. In my case it's the gray on the tractor. The orange seems OK but the gray was chipped and rusting all over the tractor from new. These things come over the ocean and rust from the salt in the air is an issue. I would have thought that Kubota would have coated them with something to protect the things like roll pins which are unpainted.
My tractor lives indoors and has hardly ever gotten wet since I've owned it so the corrosion is from before delivery. The dealer stored the tractor outdoors in the rain before delivery and that didn't help the situation any. This is the Northwest and it rains all winter. Summer too /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
The foam on my tractor seat was saturated with gallons of water, and when I tore the seat apart to dry it out I found that the steel parts that don't show have no paint on them at all and were really rusty. (They are painted now...)

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #9  
Probably every manufacturer has had a problem at one time or the other.
I remember seeing a lot of cheve pu's running around with big spots of paint pealed off.

Sometimes there may be a reason. I am told the reason for many of the white rust condenser coils on air conditioners was when the EPA made the alum mfg's change paints and the first paints they changed to caused all kinds of problems.

/ Poor Kubota Paint Prep #10  
My B2710 is a 99' with 400 hrs. and I have not had any paint problems at all. There is primer showing where I have worn off some of the top coat from getting on and off. But no rust at all! The spot isn't big enough yet to even touch up. Good luck with it, maybe if Kubota gave you the paint to touch it up the sting of this happening would be less.