3240L plug underneath - what is it?

/ 3240L plug underneath - what is it? #1  

Headhog

I have a 3240L HST that is pretty new. A friend managed to run off of a metal culvert and when he got it out noticed a pin sticking out of a plug that was bent. The plug is located in the center line underneath the tractor and located forward of the steering wheel. It looks almost like a drain plug (silver), but has a small pin that is centered in the center and moves up and down. Can anyone please help me with identifying this gadget and it's purpose. Thanks for the help. Bill

/ 3240L plug underneath - what is it? #2  
It is called a split pin.. its purpose it to drain out any moisture (water) that may accumulate in the clutch housing. You push it up and drain out the water. You are supposed to check it periodically, especially if you washed the tractor or went thru any water.

James K0UA

/ 3240L plug underneath - what is it?
James, thanks for your quick response. Is the pin supposed to just hang down and dangle? Seems like it might get damaged when cutting some brush. Apparently, it got bent and my buddy just bent it back. Just trying to figure out if it is anything I should be concerned about. Thanks again, Bill

/ 3240L plug underneath - what is it? #4  
James, thanks for your quick response. Is the pin supposed to just hang down and dangle? Seems like it might get damaged when cutting some brush. Apparently, it got bent and my buddy just bent it back. Just trying to figure out if it is anything I should be concerned about. Thanks again, Bill

Yes it just dangles.. down about 1/2 inch or so. Should not be anything to worry about.

James K0UA

/ 3240L plug underneath - what is it? #5  
here is a picture:

Attachments

• split pin.JPG
    split pin.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 152
   / 3240L plug underneath - what is it?
Thanks again! Ain't computers wonderful. Have a great day. B