anti freeze?

/ anti freeze? #1  

lovemytoys

Gold Member
Tractor
bx24
i went to napa to get antifreeze to change my bx24 .when i got home it was the pink not green is there a diff ?? does it matter?

/ anti freeze? #2  
color does not mean much...look at what kind of coolant it is. I havehad EG coolant green, pink and blue.

I use fleetrite since I use it in my motorcycles and BX...Cars are all OEM (toyo).

/ anti freeze? #3  
There is a difference between antifreeze for diesels and gas engines, I'd make sure you got something that says for diesel engines on it.

/ anti freeze? #4  
I didn't think there was but from the Kubota website FAQ:

Propylene glycol coolant has different cooling properties than ethylene glycol coolant, and may not cool the engine as well in many applications. Since propylene glycol does not absorb as much heat, cooling systems must be larger to accommodate that coolant. Most manufacturers design their cooling systems with ethylene glycol, and the system is not large enough for the additional coolant needed to effectively cool an engine with propylene glycol. So Kubota does not recommend use of propylene glycol coolants.

/ anti freeze? #6  
I was told my a Kubota dealer that you don't need the anti-freeze rated for diesel. I was told, just stay with the same color.

/ anti freeze? #7  
It looks like ordinary antifreeze to me Ethylene Glycol. It is not Propylene Glycol.

James K0UA

/ anti freeze? #8  
true if it has wet liners...a BX24 does not and does not need a diesel coolant. Use an EG coolant and be fine.

/ anti freeze? #9  
I was told my a Kubota dealer that you don't need the anti-freeze rated for diesel. I was told, just stay with the same color.

Your dealer is correct mostly..you can mix colors since it does not matter. I have mixed red with green...it is just a dye...

People make coolant issues WAY overboard on a bx...They should use the search function since 99.999999% are the same as the old BX22.