HST Problems

/ HST Problems
TripleR said:
Agree,, so much better than the "I'll never buy another Kubota, Kioti, John Deere etc." so often seen.

Dealer has been EXTREMELY helpful. My question about the HST problem being a result of the engine problem/replacement or fluid /filter change was just that
- a question. I was not trying to insinuate that the dealer had done anything wrong.
I'm obviously not happy with these problems but I am happy with my dealer and Kubota handling of it.

/ HST Problems #12  
I can certainly understand your frustration with having so many problems and not being able to use your tractor. Beyond routine maintenance, these things are a mystery to me.

/ HST Problems #13  
Dealer has been EXTREMELY helpful. My question about the HST problem being a result of the engine problem/replacement or fluid /filter change was just that
- a question. I was not trying to insinuate that the dealer had done anything wrong.
I'm obviously not happy with these problems but I am happy with my dealer and Kubota handling of it.
Would the HST fluid overheating cause that problem?

/ HST Problems #14  
Did you buy the tractor new? How many hours did you say were on it?

/ HST Problems #15  
Question is moot.

Rockin' G has said that problems stem from lost oil plug and there is a suspicion of vandalism....let's let him rest...all germane details are now known ..... vandalism possibly resulted in one or more deeds resulting in the problems of lost oil plug, frozen engine, messed up throttle sensor, messed up HST.

Bad deal, but no failures on part of Kubota manufacturing, Kubota dealer, the OP, or the insurance he has on the tractor.

/ HST Problems #16  
texasjohn said:
Question is moot.

Rockin' G has said that problems stem from lost oil plug and there is a suspicion of vandalism....let's let him rest...all germane details are now known ..... vandalism possibly resulted in one or more deeds resulting in the problems of lost oil plug, frozen engine, messed up throttle sensor, messed up HST.

Bad deal, but no failures on part of Kubota manufacturing, Kubota dealer, the OP, or the insurance he has on the tractor.

I was also wondering if they vadalized the hst. I wonder why they did not loosen a plug on the hst.

/ HST Problems #17  
speculation is cheap....but I know that the HST fill port is easily accessible without tools and one could insert sand or any contaminant that would fit into a one inch or so opening, liquid or solid. If one stops looking for cause/effect relationship between the engine and HST and treats it as two separate vandalism events, then we walk into the devious mind of man where looking for "why?" is elusive and beyond the realm of almost every TBN poster.

/ HST Problems
Dealer determined the HST will have to be rebuilt. Insurance will cover repairs. Unfortunately it will take 2-3 weeks to get the work done.
I reported the vandalism to the county Sheriff's office last month but they do not expect to catch the $&@?!-;&$@ that did this! I will have cameras set up from now on. It is very hard to stop this sort of crap but if it happens again I hope to have pictures of the culprit. At the cost of these repairs this would be a felony! I'm not sure these people understand the consequences of committing a felony - but I sure would like to teach them!
I am so fortunate that I took out the KTAC insurance.

/ HST Problems #19  
Glad to hear you will be up and running with no cost. It is kind of scary as none of our equipment is in secure storage. One of ours is in a barn not ten feet off the county road with our renters' tractors and equipment, hundreds of thousands of dollars sometimes with his 7000 & 8000 Series tractors etc.

/ HST Problems #20  
Glad to hear the insurance will cover it. How was the hydro vandalized?