Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #1  

bassontap

I'm looking for suggestions and recommendation on how I should configure my new L5740HSTC tractor before financing it.
What I have decided on so far is this:

2012 L5740HSTC with a 3RD function valve for cab model, outfitted with a LA854 loader, quick connect 72" heavy duty bucket and a BH92 backhoe with the quick connect buckets.

What I need help with are options like "remote hydraulic valves", what are they for and how many do I or should I need.
Cab options like rear wiper and defog kit, light kits etc. Any other options you find or wished you had if you were in my shoes.
I will be taking advantage of the 0% financing and would like to have the options installed by the dealer before buying the tractor to spread the cost of the options over the life of the loan.
Thanks in advance.
BOT

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #2  
Sounds like a nice set-up.You only need the rear hydraulics if you plan on a rear blade with tilt,box blade with tilt,trailer type ground engageing implements(disc,plows ect.)I have all the same options you have ,less the BH.The front third function could be used in the rear by running hoses to the back if needed.I am in the North-east and don't have the defog or lite kits..I snow plow in the winter and didn't have a need for either(and still don't after three years)..I run a thumb on the bucket and snow plow angle with my third function.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #3  
Things I find wonderful

Chain hooks on FEL...GRAB hooks on each side and one in center

Kinda wish the center grab hook was a trailer hitch receiver instead so could use interchangeable trailer balls, grab hook, etc.

on cab, lights up high, both front and rear, for night driving. gotta have

hydraulic top link a must IMHO, also side link tilt if you are going to do much with a back blade.

grill guard up front.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #4  
This is how I configured mine: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/249447-buying-new-l5740-hstc.html

I am inclined to agree with nybirdman, defoggers may not be needed, but I wanted them. I really like the rear wiper and use it a lot.

TnT is really nice and if not TnT at least a hydraulic top link, I went years without one and can't believe how handy it is. I did not get a "float" valve on mine, but would if I had it to do over; not a big enough deal to retrofit.

I have no need for third function, but a lot of people do.

Good luck, I really think you will like the 5740.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #5  
I forgot about the hooks welded to the bucket(they are handy) I also added a tooth-bar;which also a very worthwhile investment.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #6  
You are smart to get the tractor with all the bennies up front. You will get best price from dealer and use of the options.
I don't know if your tractor comes with a 12-volt accessory plug. If it doesn't, then get one installed. My cabbed B3030 came without one; so I installed it myself. I find it very useful for keeping the cell phone charged. It cost me $9.99 from Radio Shack. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• 12-volt accessory plug.jpg
    12-volt accessory plug.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 151
   / Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #7  
I have 2 remotes for a top and tilt but sometimes need to disconnect the tilt to use that remote for something else so I wish I had a third. For me rear work lights were a must - didn't have the dealer install them so bought the kit later and had trouble hooking them up because I couldn't find the plugs - which were in such an obvious location I didn't think of looking there. I would like defoggers all around. I installed my own radio because I thought the Kubota was too much - no regrets there - I bought the harness from the dealer who said they didn't remember selling any radios themselves, only adapter harnesses. I wish I could have got an air suspension seat but that won't be available until next model. Block heater is standard at my dealer so something I didn't have a chance to forget. I would have at least one remote with a float but like TripleR I haven't found enough need to warrant changing one of mine. If I add a third, it will be with float. Since nobody around me can handle tire ballast I got mine with 6 wheel weights.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #8  
TNT with quick-hitch, especially if you change implements a lot and/or grade with scraper/blade/rake. So two remotes min on the rear.
In addition to the other suggestions, I had them wire a 12v two prong plug in the rear connected to a toggle switch in the cab for running a sprayer. Trailer connector if you pull anything that requires it. Not sure where you live but a engine heater should be standard.

Enjoy!

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC
Thanks for the replies. Although I have a Kubota TLB now, I'm not very tractor savoy. Please explain what a "hydraulic top link" and "TNT" is, what it's used for and is an option that the dealer can install? Also, what do you guys use the remotes for and why would I need as many as three? Thanks.

/ Help me spend my money WISELY on options for a new L5740HSTC #10  
- Three remotes for TnT and a 3rd(like my 3pt log splitter). TnT is just sooooooo handy
- Chain hooks on the bucket
- I welded a trailer hitch/ball mount on the back of my scraper, since I usually have the scraper mounted. Very handy for moving trailers.
- Lot of rear work lights
- front work lights. I don't know about newer Kubota's, but my '85 B8200 lights were junk; you were better off with a flashlight...

My other wish is a 4-in-1/clamshell bucket. Used them on skidsteers; I wish I could afford one for my tractor...