Kubota and saving a few dollars

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #1  

4shorts

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota 5740,BX25D
I did four new mods to my 5740 this past week. I'll start off with the easiest one. I'll post two this evening and the other two tomorrow evening.

When I had my 08 4240 Cabed Grand L there was a door post switch on each door. Last year when I got the 2011 5740 Grand L there was only one door that had a door post switch and that was on the left door. The hole and threaded portion for the screw was there just no switch. That kind of bugged me so I ordered the switch, spacer and screw. removed the top of the cab and found that the wire was there to connect the switch but I guess Kubota decided that by leaving out one switch would be a cost savings measure. Here's a few photos of it all.

door.jpg

d1_zpsdcc2e5e5.jpg

d2_zpsc5a48cf2.jpg

d3_zps624816c2.jpg

d4_zps2b402f4f.jpg

d5_zps64782447.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota and saving a few dollars #2  
very cool...good job...amazing that there was only one switch...

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #3  
Nice job. :thumbsup: BTW, what is your intended purpose for the additional switch? The reason that I am asking is because I have never used a tractor with a Cab-only open station tractors.

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #4  
Nice job. :thumbsup: BTW, what is your intended purpose for the additional switch? The reason that I am asking is because I have never used a tractor with a Cab-only open station tractors.

I'd say it's for triggering the dome light, but since it's Paul we're talking about, it probably starts the auto drive that plows all his driveways for him then returns to the shop and takes a bath!

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #5  
I'd say it's for triggering the dome light, but since it's Paul we're talking about, it probably starts the auto drive that plows all his driveways for him then returns to the shop and takes a bath!

Isn't that the truth.
For newbies to this site or his work, do a search of his name and threads and marvel at the inventions and innovations from 4shorts.

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #6  
You know, you're supposed to take those tractors and play around in the dirt every once in a while. :)

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #7  
You know, you're supposed to take those tractors and play around in the dirt every once in a while. :)

Kioti killer II is a snow tractor. It did get taken out once in the summer but I don't think it liked it.

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars
very cool...good job...amazing that there was only one switch...

Thanks John. Yep one switch. Kubota figured they save some money by not putting it in it's rightful place I guess.

The problem with no door switch on the right door was when I'd open the right door to get something I couldn't see because the light couldn't come on with out the switch. most of my tractor time in the seat is in complete darkness plowing snow.

Your right on the first part but you guessed my next mod in the process :laughing:

Isn't that the truth.
For newbies to this site or his work, do a search of his name and threads and marvel at the inventions and innovations from 4shorts.

Well thank you for that my friend :)

:shocked: You can't be serious! :shocked: :laughing:

Kioti killer II is a snow tractor. It did get taken out once in the summer but I don't think it liked it.

Oh man you got that right :thumbsup:

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #9  
Did the front fenders come with your machine?

/ Kubota and saving a few dollars #10  
i like the exhaust that what i need to do to my 7040 mines an open station im doing snow removal with it how hard was it