BX25 MMM 'Up Position'

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #1  

kb9okb

Tractor
Kubota BX25
So I just bought a used BX25 and love it so far. However, I am having problems getting the mid-mount-mower to lock in the upmost position... no matter what I do it raises and lowers when I raise and lower the 3 point hitch... I have tried the 'cutting height adjustment' on both extremes. I have it adjusted as far as it will go (on 4) next to 'TOP' - but not exactly on 'TOP' - is there something special I need to do to get it to lock 'up?' I've tried pushing in on the button, pulling up, etc.

The adjustment does let it 'stop going down' at a higher position when on 4 vs. when it's set on 1 and goes all the way down, but it's still too low and drags when I'm operating a box blade, etc.

Please help... :confused: thanks!

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #2  
Welcome kb9okb! You've come to the best tractor resource on the planet.

OK, I don't know how BX25's differ from BX2230's, but here's a thread I started about my mower height control.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/222715-mower-height-limit-control.html

In my case, the whole bracket was broken off the frame. So, when you twist the control, does it feel firm or does it wiggle all over the place? It should be firm. Does your mower stay up at at setting at all? If it does, then the height control is at least in place. Good luck!

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position'
Yes, the adjustment is solid and it does affect the height at which the mower stops descending. But it does not lock it in the up position, it merely changes it from sitting all the way on the ground to about half-way up, but far from the TOP position, i.e. the position it's in when the 3 pt hitch is elevated completely.

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #4  
On my BX24, which I think is the same as a BX25 in this regard, I raise the mower deck using the hydraulic control lever, then rotate the cutting height control knob to the 'TOP' position.
My mower deck does not go down when using my 3 pt hitch.
Your issue is perhaps that you can't move your knob to the TOP position...
Time to slide underneath to see why... maybe some lubrication required ?
I also raise my guage wheels to the highest position for maximum ground clearance.

Pete

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #5  
When you raise your deck are the bump stops contacting the frame or is there a big gap?

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position'
Okay that's good to know. Does the knob 'snap' into the top position? Also, is the top label exactly aligned with the arrow? You may be right... mine only seems to go to '4'

Last edited:
   / BX25 MMM 'Up Position'
Where are the bump stops / how can I tell?

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #8  
I know there is one on the right front of the deck, it looks like a piece of angle kinda, and I think a bolt contacts the left side but I am going from memory.

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #9  
Did you buy the machine new? If so, and the dealer installed the deck, then it *should* be properly adjusted. I found that mine needed a little fine tuning.

If it hasn't been done, or you're not sure, it can't hurt to break out the manual and your deck gauge to make sure everything's right. If the deck isn't going up high enough, the height adjustment wheel will block and you won't be able to set the TOP setting.

There are a few settings on the deck that need to be checked to ensure that it's level, but this one would be my guess for your current issue.

img004.jpg

/ BX25 MMM 'Up Position' #10  
Okay that's good to know. Does the knob 'snap' into the top position? Also, is the top label exactly aligned with the arrow? You name be right... mine only seems to go to '4'

Yes, it should "snap" or click into that position just like when moving it to the other height settings, and it will then be lined up with the arrow. It sounds like you are not able to rotate it into the Top position. I have the problem on occasion - sometimes it will rotate right in, other times I have to fiddle a bit. I'll drop the deck down, lift it back up, wiggle the knob a bit... (btw, make sure to lift long enough that the 3pt lift arms are all the way up)

If it's giving me a bit of hassle, I've found that if I rotate it around the other way it will then go into Top. That is, go all the way down to zero then on to the Top position rather than going "up" past 4 into Top.

I know it's time for me to get out the manual and make some minor adjustment, but since I can always manage to get it into Top with just a few seconds of fiddling I haven't bothered to yet...