I went shopping yesterday ....

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #1  

jomar215

Bronze Member
Tractor
don't
A bought a B21 w/ 584 hours on it. But I needed something to move it with, so I bought a 7' x 12' Suretrack dump trailer.

ForumRunner_20121005_075647.png

A special thanks to Carl in New Hampshire for all of his help, and to all the folks contributing to this wealth of experiential wisdom we affectionately call TBN!

Alright, I gotta go dig a hole ....

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #3  
Yes, nice. That dump trailer looks like a solid, quality unit.

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #4  
No new truck to pull new tractor and trailer? ;~>

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #5  
Looks like you got the whole package. Good luck with the new machine.

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #6  
:thumbsup: Looks good and sturdy, both tractor and trailer.

/ I went shopping yesterday ....
Thanks fellas. The dump tractor is a tight little machine. It was the only B21 I could find within a hundred miles of me, but it was in good shape. It currently shows 542.5 hours and the previous owner seemed to have kept it greased and oiled. I tore up a high spot in my driveway this morning. I figure it would have taken me the better part of 4 hours to do what I did in 30 minutes! And I like to dig, too ... no slow shovel fulls! I'm way happy with the upgrade!

The dump trailer is great, too. I'm really pleased. I looked at 2 models - both 12k dumps separated by $500. For more money, this one had dual dump cylinders, an extra foot of width, it came with a battery, and the latching system was a lot nicer. The cheaper had a latch for the barn doors that was inside the cargo area. I've already got it all loaded up with debris at a job.

Now I have to give the old pickup an upgrade. I'm going to have to add a helper spring to the rear end, it's only a half ton, and I need do brake job, too. It got a new 12k hitch and good thing - my stock 5k hitch was starting flake up and didn't look too sturdy.

/ I went shopping yesterday .... #9  
Nice machine and trailer. That trailer will make quite a load for a 1/2 ton.