Snow Blower for BX2360

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #1  

sw18x

Bronze Member
Tractor
Looking
I'm a second year BX owner. First year I cleared our diveway with a rear blade - twice (that's how many times it snowed in western NY). It worked pretty well but I'm thinking we might get a little more snow this year. The blade's ok but I'm aware that given a hard winter, I'll probably end up boxing myself in without a blower. So...

1.) it's a gravel driveway - how will that impact how I use a rear mounted blower?
2.) What thoughts do you have on brands? From what I've seen, I'm looking at 2K for a rear blower for the 3 point hitch, but Northern Tools has one right now in the $1500 range. Does anyone have experience with their blowers?
3.) What's the lift capacity for a 3 point hitch on the BX? I can't find this in the owner's manual, and I'll need to know for the blower. For example, I saw a WoodMax SB60 for sale that weighs 549 pounds. So I guess the follow up question, is how big of a blower will be too big for the BX?

Thanks...

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #2  
SW,

If you search you will find many and I mean hours of reading on this topic. Here is my 2 cents.

The width of the blower should be as wide as your rear tires. I had a Puma 54" 3 pt blower on my BX2000 before I went to a front blower. Stones and blowers make for a long day. What ever blower you buy get a bunch of shear pins, since you will use a lot of them.

Oh yea blowing snow without a cab is NOT fun!

Happy reading.

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #3  
You posted in 2 places............cool, I can answer twice:)

Lots of questions..............for a gravel drive...............you need a solid base first. So the first couple snows......if possible.............just run over it with the tractor to create a 'snow base........it should freeze and your gold at that point.

second.......screw your toplink in............tilting the blower upward...........this will keep it from digging in............thus keeping it from picking up gravel.

I won't recommend Northern Tool blowers............dunno enough about them to give a good opinion.........but your better off with going with a name brand.

Lift capacity on your BX should be well over 1,000 lbs. so you will be fine with any blower you choose.............as long as it isn't over about 60 inches (try to stick closer to your tractor width, which should be around 48 inches.

I've never heard of the WoodMax SB 60.

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #5  
I bought an Allied Farm King 50'' blower last year for my BX2360. Naturally, it didn't snow much so I only used it 3 times which is not really enough to give advise. One thing about a rear blower mounted on a BX is that you can sit sideways in the seat and use your right heel on the reverse pedal. A front blower would be nice but not at almost twice the dollars and if I decide to sell it, it's not dedicated to one specific model of tractor. Also, I still have the loader on the front to scrape the drive when there is not enough snow for the blower or to move snow piles if needed.

Here's hoping we don't have enough snow to use them this year!

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #6  
1.) it's a gravel driveway - how will that impact how I use a rear mounted blower?
2.) What thoughts do you have on brands? From what I've seen, I'm looking at 2K for a rear blower for the 3 point hitch, but Northern Tools has one right now in the $1500 range. Does anyone have experience with their blowers?
3.) What's the lift capacity for a 3 point hitch on the BX? I can't find this in the owner's manual, and I'll need to know for the blower. For example, I saw a WoodMax SB60 for sale that weighs 549 pounds. So I guess the follow up question, is how big of a blower will be too big for the BX?.

1) I shorten the top link to tip the blower back and I hover the blower off the ground until I build up a frozen base to scrape. Then I drop it down and let it ride on the shoes. If I use the shoes to to keep it off the gravel, they kick up stones.
2) Lots of good brands. I'm happy with my Allied Buhler. It seems well built and was easy to add hydraulics to.
3). Not sure on the lift capacity but my blower is near my max lift. When it gets loaded down with wet snow, it's a struggle to raise it.
Also on the subject of size, you want it to be wider than your tractor so that you have some wiggle room in drifts. If you have a long lane, then it's nice if the blower is wide enough to clear it in one trip up and back.

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #7  
I have the Kubota BX2750 snowblower. It is a front mount, mid PTO snowblower. I think the front mount was about $600 more than the 3PT mounted snowblower. I suggest that you take your tractor out and drive up and down your driveway, in reverse and twisted around watching where you are going. I might even be a little more realistic if you can find someone to spray your face with a hose. I'm not trying to be funny but this will give you an idea what you will be going through.

I also bought a hard top and cab from https://www.covermytractor.com/ I blew snow for three years with out the cab and I can't explain the relief I have, not having the snow blown in my face. The cab and hard top cost about $1500 and once you figure out the sequence of the installation you can do it in about 30 minutes. Here is a picture of my setup.
DSC00610.JPG

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #8  
I have the Kubota BX2750 snowblower. It is a front mount, mid PTO snowblower. I think the front mount was about $600 more than the 3PT mounted snowblower. I suggest that you take your tractor out and drive up and down your driveway, in reverse and twisted around watching where you are going. I might even be a little more realistic if you can find someone to spray your face with a hose. I'm not trying to be funny but this will give you an idea what you will be going through.

I also bought a hard top and cab from https://www.covermytractor.com/ I blew snow for three years with out the cab and I can't explain the relief I have, not having the snow blown in my face. The cab and hard top cost about $1500 and once you figure out the sequence of the installation you can do it in about 30 minutes. Here is a picture of my setup.
View attachment 283464

Did the black accessory with the orange color come with the tractor, snow blower or the cab, or was it a stand alone seperate purchase?

/ Snow Blower for BX2360 #9  
SW,
I second the comment of others, go with a snowblower that has a name brand. I also tried using a rear blade at my place; the winter of 2010-2011 made me get a rear blower--funny stopped snowing after I made the purchase. I bought a Meteor. They are made in Canada and a lot of people claim to have good luck with em. Only downside is that the skids don't come with it: they are an option. For your gravel driveway, be sure to get skids.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Stacking Snow.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Stacking Snow.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 692
  • Kubota B3030 with Blower Running.jpg
    Kubota B3030 with Blower Running.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 428
   / Snow Blower for BX2360 #10  
I went through that exercise last year. If you look into shipping on the Northern Tool blower, it will end up at about $2k. I ended up going with a 52" Hardy Lynx for my BX2350. It also didn't come with skids, but I made my own out of some 3/8" flat stock that I had in the shop, after that it didn't blow too many stones out of my driveway.

The width seems to be the right size for the power of the tractor. It could probably handle more if it was always light and fluffy, but in the deeper heavy stuff 52" was enough. It's also nice to not have the blower much wider than the tractor. If you know that you will be hard on your equipment, I would not recommend this brand because it is built a little on the light side. Take a look at whatever brand your local dealer carries, from a sale-support perspective that might be the right one for you. Good luck.

DSCF3008.JPG