Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #1  

ozman

Tractor
Kubota L3400
Hey Everyone,
My father in law picked up a set of bradco pallet forks at an auction a few years ago and he has no use for them. I was going to see if I could buy them (cheaply) off of him and I was wondering if they would be ok (weight wise) to use on my L3400. I'm not sure if they are 42" or 48" so I dont know how much they would weigh. Any thoughts? They look like they havent been used very much at all. What would be a good price to throw at him? Even though he's my father in law, I want to make sure that I give him a fair price...
Mark

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #2  
Hey Everyone,
My father in law picked up a set of bradco pallet forks at an auction a few years ago and he has no use for them. I was going to see if I could buy them (cheaply) off of him and I was wondering if they would be ok (weight wise) to use on my L3400. I'm not sure if they are 42" or 48" so I dont know how much they would weigh. Any thoughts? They look like they havent been used very much at all. What would be a good price to throw at him? Even though he's my father in law, I want to make sure that I give him a fair price...
Mark

My tractor has the same HP and comparable FEL. It handles 42" forks and a "MightyMax" frame just fine. It was a while ago but I think the forks and frame cost around $700 delivered, and the competing Bradco model was a little more:

Mighty Max Pallet Forks & Frame Assemblies - Arrow Material Handling Products - AMHAttachments.com
Bradco 42" Compact Tractor Loader Pallet Forks, Model 108308, Universal Skid Steer Quick Attach

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #3  
I had 48" forks on my Bobcat CT235 which is similarly sized to your tractor. Just use a proper ballast and common sense and you will be fine. My forks are 4000# rated. I have seen decent used forks for 400 on up. My forks were $650, and the guy gave me a deal (normally 700) cause I bought a Stihl backpack blower at the same time.

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor
After looking at them more closely, they look exactly like the 48 inch bradco forks. My main purpose for them is
to stack my snowmobiles, which will be around 5 ft off the ground.
I have the backhoe on the tractor and never take it off. The price is pretty up there for them new.

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #5  
You should be OK with those Bradcos on an L3400. I have 48" Bradco forks that I used on a little B3030/LA403. It may have been a little overkill for that tractor, but I got a fair price on them brand new.
The B3030 is gone now but they're just what the doc ordered for my Bobcat skid steer.

Last edited:
I'm gonna offer to buy them from him, just have to feel him out as to how much he wants to sell them for. Knowing how much they are new and seeing what's out there I think I can get a real good deal! After all, I am married to his daughter! I think if I can get them for under $500 then I would be in good shape, right? Heck, somewhere in the $300 range would be awesome.

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #7  
I'm gonna offer to buy them from him, just have to feel him out as to how much he wants to sell them for. Knowing how much they are new and seeing what's out there I think I can get a real good deal! After all, I am married to his daughter! I think if I can get them for under $500 then I would be in good shape, right? Heck, somewhere in the $300 range would be awesome.

Around here, they wouldn't last long on Craigslist at $500. I paid around $675 for mine brand new.
I've seen them online from $778 on up new. I did find a set of Bradco on ebay for $499, but it did not specify the length and there was truck freight to pay for shipping.

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #8  
I have a L3400, and I have a set of 42 in forks. I think the 48 will be fine, you should have no problem lifting a snowmobile.

/ Bradco pallet forks for L3400 tractor #9  
I've been out of snowmobiling since 1999. Sure wish I had the cool toys back then to move them around that I have now! :laughing:

Oh I know. Having the tractor is so handy to have. You don't have to "bull dog" the other toys in the off season. It makes having them easier to move around. I'll probably see my father inlaw sometime this weekend to make the offer.