Canopy Amber light

/ Amber light #1  

aspen530

Tractor
kabota BX22
I am trying to put a amber rotating light on my kubota sun shade. I would like to put the wiring through the rops to hide it. I there a way to drill a hole in the rops and snake it through and how do I hook it up to a switch on the dash. There should be a hot wire I could get to in the back of the backhoe. This is on a BX22 kubota.
Thanks

/ Amber light #2  
Not trying to be the safety police but I would not drill the ROPS. NAPA has something similiar to this. You can just stick it on to the ROPS and run the wire through it. I would just get a amber light that plugs into a 12 volt power port. I have a light like this and it does not draw that many amps and is bright.

/ Amber light #3  
I've done it before. 3 things to keep in mind. If you drill close to a weld seam, the heat from the weld hardened the steal and you will dull a few drill bits. Secondly, you have to leave enough slack in the wiring in order to fold the ROPS without ripping the wiring from the fixture. Put a fuse as close to the battery in your wiring if you decide to go this route to prevent your wiring from grounding out due to shafing (insulation wearing off).

Easy and Best Solution - You can buy online and at H/Depot a small courtesy fixture that can be attach via hardware/epoxy/3M tape and use 2 AA batteries. It has led lamps that is vibration proof and lasts forever. You can buy any color replacement "bulb"(led light) online.

/ Amber light
Thanks, I think the outside wiring would be the way to go.