Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default BX25 Engine Problem

I've had my used BX25 (500hrs.) for a few weeks now, but it's having itermittent engine issues. After running it for a few minutes, sometimes the RPM drops to <1000rpm and stays there. Sometimes it dies, it will always restart but still won't exceed 1000rpms. Throttle linkage is working fine. Air filter looks good, I'm wondering if it's not a fuel filter issue, I'm checking that now. Any ideas? Fuel pump? How can I test that? Things I should check? Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    BX1860

Default Re: BX25 Engine Problem

Clogged fuel filer. I think there is two.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

That sounds right, the one closest to the tank will be the problem, the 2nd one rarely has issues. I hear it is there just in case the fuel pump self destructs.

There are two fuel filters: one near the engine, one under the tractor. Because there are no shut offs for the fuel line, I did this trick when I swapped out my filters. Remove the fuel cap, then place a piece of plastic wrap, like Glad Wrap, over the fuel tank opening. Then put the fuel cap back on, threading it over the plastic wrap. The plastic wrap prevents air from venting through the cap. (Plumbing 101: Air moves liquid.) Using this method, I only lost about a half pint of diesel.
    Good Luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -kubota-bx25-cling-wrap-jpg  

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

You can also clamp ViseGrip pliers on the line(not too tight) to block fuel flow while changing the filter

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Where is the rear fuel filter? Does the mid mount mower have to come off? If so that could be a problem as I have no hydro power.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

look underneath the tractor on the FEL control stick side. you could do it with MMM on but it could be frustrating that way. taking the MMM off and on is not that big of a deal. I take mine off more times in course of year then I can count my fingers.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Well crap.. now it won't run at all, and the Mower deck is locked in the top position so I cant even look for the filter.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Jack/block deck enough to relieve weight so you can turn height knob...as for no run, in addition to filters/pump, check for fuel contamination...i.e water...
    John

BX24-loaded R4s/60" MMM/rear bagger/arm rests, Woods RCC42, 3PT Splitter, TuffTop, Bro-Tek skidplates/thumb/ripper, BXpanded forks/bag, American Solutions grapple, Berlon mini-toothbar, home-made ROPS lights...more to come...

Tractor
    Kubota BX24; John Deere 4020

Quote Originally Posted by BotaBigot View Post
    Jack/block deck enough to relieve weight so you can turn height knob...as for no run, in addition to filters/pump, check for fuel contamination...i.e water...
    I think you are going to want to try what BotaBigot suggests to get the MMM off. The two filters are kind of a pain to change. I can't imagine trying to do the one underneath with the MMM on. The second one, up on the side of the engine, could be done without removing the MMM, although it's also a PIA to change unless you take the engine shroud off.

Here is a good "how to" thread on changing the two filters on a BX24 (which I believe is the same for your BX25.)
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...e-lessons.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast