Chains 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed?

/ 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed? #1  

CanuckPT

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kubota B3300SU
I just purchased a 2011 Kubota B3300SU and I intend to put tire chains on it. Does anyone know if the chains will fit without spacers? It appears that the V-Bar 2 Link Ladder style are the way to go if you/I can afford them!!

15-19.5 Tractor Tire Chains

Thoughts? Spacers? 4 Link V-bar? I live in NH so we get plenty of snow & ice in the winter.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Damon

/ 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed? #3  
Speaking from experience with my B3030, I needed spacers. I went with the Kubota ones that gave me an additional 1.5" on each wheel. I would guess that you need a minimum of 2" of space between the wheels and the fenders/frame to run chains. Here's pics of what my spacers did for me.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 572
  • Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 560
   / 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed?
Thanks for the feedback. This guy's reviews on eBay are great & he's quite specialized so I feel comfortable that he's engineered his product well but I'll post an update after I get them installed.

/ 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed? #5  
I would want 2" of clearance between the inside of the tire and fender. If you can afford them I would look into getting a set of Tellefsdal Supers. They are imported from Europe, the importer (don't know the name) is in NH and the salesman drops them off at the dealers free of charge. They're probably about $200 to $300 more than the 2 link v bar chains but they are a life time set of chains. Mine are 3 years old and have no wear on them, they have almost no rust yet. They are too aggressive for pavement or cement but they don't slip at all on ice. They also will not fall between tire lugs.

link.jpg

http://www.tooriistamarket.ee/files/tarvikud/tarvikud%20ENG/04.01.2011/T14_jaaketjut.pdf

Wow - those chains do look like they mean business! Thanks for the information. I'll check it out.

/ 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed? #7  
The first thing I notice with these is that all of the tractor's weight will be carried on the bolts rather than the hub. Personally I'd be sceptical about using them.

These look to be a far superior product for the same money. One piece milled spacer with hub flange to carry the weight. If I were buying, I'd go for these ones
B series spacers on the bay....

Last edited:
Thank you for the feeback. I was able to cancel my order and I'm going to pursue the Bro-Tek spacers. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help!

Bro-Tek spacers arrived today! Have to make the time to get them on now. Chains to follow.

/ 2011 Kubota B3300SU - Spacers Needed? #10  
Backhoe stabilizers are nice for taking off wheels and getting them back on (heavy buggers if filled). If you've got scotch, I could come over to supervise.