Looking at L200

/ Looking at L200 #1  

smithbrl

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mitlubishi D2350
I'm looking at a Kubota L200. There is a cylinder on the top center of the front axle. When I turn the steering wheel this cylinder slides forward or backwards. When I turn the steering wheel the other way the cylinder slides the opposite way. There seems to be a bushing or spacer missing.

Is anybody familiar with this? The wheels turn OK but I'm concerned with this sliding business.

Also, the starter does not work so I couldn't see the engine run.

Any chance of finding parts for this tractor?

/ Looking at L200 #2  
We have one of these. If you are talking about the pivot for the front axle it is adjustable according to the owners manual. I will look tomorrow when I get to the shop for more specifics. We just bought the tractor recently I was able to find a seat on line and hoses at NAPA. The starter should be repairable at any good electrical shop.

/ Looking at L200
Oldtractorfixer-Thanks for the reply. The pivot is what I'm talking about. A large rod goes through it and there's a nut on the end of the rod at the front of the tractor. Should there be something in there to keep the axle from moving back and forth when the steering wheel is turned?

The owner said there was a shop just down the road from him that could rebuild the starter for around $90.

/ Looking at L200 #5  
I just looked up the front axle pivot adjustment in the owners manual. Take out the cotter key, tighten the big nut, back off 1/2 turn, reinsert the cotter pin. Sounds real easy. Ours moves a little and I should adjust it, too. The glow plugs on these older Kabota engines need to be on for at least 30 seconds in order to do their job. The two cylinder diesel sounds more like a John Deere more than anything else. I was told ours was used on a 40in tiller and a 4ft bush hog with good results. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

/ Looking at L200

Thanks for the link-interesting reading.

I just looked up the front axle pivot adjustment in the owners manual. Take out the cotter key, tighten the big nut, back off 1/2 turn, reinsert the cotter pin. Sounds real easy. Ours moves a little and I should adjust it, too. The glow plugs on these older Kabota engines need to be on for at least 30 seconds in order to do their job. The two cylinder diesel sounds more like a John Deere more than anything else. I was told ours was used on a 40in tiller and a 4ft bush hog with good results. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks for the update-seems like a simple adjustment on the pivot, very helpful.