Tractor
    Kubota 4610

Default L4610 define dash light

Does anyone know what the dash symbols mean on a 2002 kubota L4610? Mowing yesterday, and today dead battery. Dead battery light, and the symbol to the right... light bulb symbol?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Default Re: L4610 define dash light

Here you go...

-l4610_idiot_lights-jpg

The one on the right is for oil pressure.

Tractor
    Kubota 4610

Grandad4-
    THANK YOU... this is very helpful. I mowed about half of my front 5 acres yesterday, and was going to finish this am, turned the key and NOTHING. Lights are on, but nothing. I took off the front panel and pushed cables to make sure they were on. I read the battery life -Feb 2008. Maybe it's the battery? I'll try and take it out and re-charge. Again, thank you so much for the picture and identification

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Exactly which lights are coming on when you try to start it?

Suggest you check the obvious things first...
    a. Clutch all the way in; it has a safety interlock.
    b. PTO lever in "off" position; interlock here also.
    c. Driver firmly planted in the seat, not on the edge; another darn interlock.
    d. Does the yellow glow plug light come on for a couple of seconds and then go out?

Sadly, the safety interlocks on all modern tractors often become a royal pain after a few years because the switches, connectors and wiring are all susceptible to failure.

e. Depending on the quality and brand of battery, a 4 year old battery could be going south. Really good batteries, such as the Deka brand that come with many new kubota's can last way longer than that, but there are all kinds of replacement batteries out there and many of them are pretty short-lived.
    f. How about the battery terminals (clean and tight?) and all the wiring and connections to the starter?

If it's none of the above, you may be having a starter or solenoid problem. Did the starter crank the engine well prior to it going dead on you?

Good luck.

Grandad4

By the way, I have the shop manual for the Lxx10 series if you would need any reference information.

Tractor
    L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211

Quote Originally Posted by SarasFarm View Post
    Grandad4-
    THANK YOU... this is very helpful. I mowed about half of my front 5 acres yesterday, and was going to finish this am, turned the key and NOTHING. Lights are on, but nothing. I took off the front panel and pushed cables to make sure they were on. I read the battery life -Feb 2008. Maybe it's the battery? I'll try and take it out and re-charge. Again, thank you so much for the picture and identification
    I'm betting that your battery is fine, and that you left your PTO switch engaged. Been there, done that.

JayC