Slow moving bx25

/ Slow moving bx25 #1  

shillingcl

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Been reading this forum since a little before I bought my bx25 a year ago, and I appreciate all the tips I`ve picked up. So far at 140 hours I`ve only had two issues, both were a result of nuts that came loose and fell off. The first was the center nut under the seat which I've seen a number of others complain about,but pretty easy fix.

The second issue was much more concerning and had to do with the nut that connects the linkage for the hst pedal just above the hst filter / under the seat. I realize now that it had been a problem for quite a long time. It did seem like the tractor was a little slower than when it was new, but over time i guess I just got used to it. It finally got bad enough that i checked into it further only to find the nut had come completely off the linkage. The design generally keeps it from coming all the way apart, but still seems it could be dangerous. Found a replacement lock nut and tightened things up, what an amazing difference in performance, might be worth a look.

Hope this helps someone.

/ Slow moving bx25 #2  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Slow moving bx25 #3  
My favorite Kubota, the BX25.

/ Slow moving bx25 #4  
Been reading this forum since a little before I bought my bx25 a year ago, and I appreciate all the tips I`ve picked up. So far at 140 hours I`ve only had two issues, both were a result of nuts that came loose and fell off. The first was the center nut under the seat which I've seen a number of others complain about,but pretty easy fix.

The second issue was much more concerning and had to do with the nut that connects the linkage for the hst pedal just above the hst filter / under the seat. I realize now that it had been a problem for quite a long time. It did seem like the tractor was a little slower than when it was new, but over time i guess I just got used to it. It finally got bad enough that i checked into it further only to find the nut had come completely off the linkage. The design generally keeps it from coming all the way apart, but still seems it could be dangerous. Found a replacement lock nut and tightened things up, what an amazing difference in performance, might be worth a look.

Hope this helps someone.

My biggest problems with "Nuts" on my tractors is the one that is between the steering wheel and the seat. Haven't found a way to tighten that one up. Sorry just couldn't resist.

/ Slow moving bx25 #5  
Shill,
Thanks for the tip; I usually keep an eye on the big nuts and don't pay attention to the little ones.

/ Slow moving bx25 #6  
My biggest problems with "Nuts" on my tractors is the one that is between the steering wheel and the seat. Haven't found a way to tighten that one up. Sorry just couldn't resist.

My wife can tighten mine up.....:shocked:

/ Slow moving bx25 #7  
My 2008 BX24 just had that same rod end connector break away, because it had been loose. The replacement part K1122-42080 (Rod end, 5/16 - 24UNF) only cost $7.20, but getting the nuts on and off in that tight space, at right angles, was very frustrating. Hopefully with the Locktite I put on the new one, this won't loosen again.