Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Default Slow moving bx25

Been reading this forum since a little before I bought my bx25 a year ago, and I appreciate all the tips I`ve picked up. So far at 140 hours I`ve only had two issues, both were a result of nuts that came loose and fell off. The first was the center nut under the seat which I've seen a number of others complain about,but pretty easy fix.

The second issue was much more concerning and had to do with the nut that connects the linkage for the hst pedal just above the hst filter / under the seat. I realize now that it had been a problem for quite a long time. It did seem like the tractor was a little slower than when it was new, but over time i guess I just got used to it. It finally got bad enough that i checked into it further only to find the nut had come completely off the linkage. The design generally keeps it from coming all the way apart, but still seems it could be dangerous. Found a replacement lock nut and tightened things up, what an amazing difference in performance, might be worth a look.

Hope this helps someone.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: Slow moving bx25

Welcome to the forum.

Tractor
    currently own F3080 F2680e BX25D RTV1140

My favorite kubota, the BX25.
    2014 BX25D, 2008 F2680e 2WD 72" side Discharge Deck, 2012 F3080 4WD 72" rear discharge deck, 2010/2009 RTV1140CPX , RatchetRake, Forks, ...DEARBORN 2 BOTTOM PLOW 12" ?? FOR SALE $425 NOW $250).... Drawbar and Horse Drawn disk 13 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 13 Ford Flex. 1998 SLK230, 2009 Subaru Impreza Sport

Tractor
    Kubota Grand L3830

Quote Originally Posted by shillingcl View Post
    Been reading this forum since a little before I bought my bx25 a year ago, and I appreciate all the tips I`ve picked up. So far at 140 hours I`ve only had two issues, both were a result of nuts that came loose and fell off. The first was the center nut under the seat which I've seen a number of others complain about,but pretty easy fix.

The second issue was much more concerning and had to do with the nut that connects the linkage for the hst pedal just above the hst filter / under the seat. I realize now that it had been a problem for quite a long time. It did seem like the tractor was a little slower than when it was new, but over time i guess I just got used to it. It finally got bad enough that i checked into it further only to find the nut had come completely off the linkage. The design generally keeps it from coming all the way apart, but still seems it could be dangerous. Found a replacement lock nut and tightened things up, what an amazing difference in performance, might be worth a look.

Hope this helps someone.
    My biggest problems with "Nuts" on my tractors is the one that is between the steering wheel and the seat. Haven't found a way to tighten that one up. Sorry just couldn't resist.

Shill,
    Thanks for the tip; I usually keep an eye on the big nuts and don't pay attention to the little ones.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Quote Originally Posted by Gator6x4 View Post
    My biggest problems with "Nuts" on my tractors is the one that is between the steering wheel and the seat. Haven't found a way to tighten that one up. Sorry just couldn't resist.
    My wife can tighten mine up.....
    Deano
    2006 BX24, 6' New Implements rake, Woods RB60 rear blade, Wallenstein thumb, Bro-Tek rear skid plate, home made front skid plate, W.R. Long flat tooth bar, 4' finishing mower (TPH), 4' box blade, post hole digger, New style seat!!!!! Country Manufacturing manure spreader, Agri-Fab drop spreader.

Tractor
    Kubota BX-24 - other goodies listed in my profile.

My 2008 BX24 just had that same rod end connector break away, because it had been loose. The replacement part K1122-42080 (Rod end, 5/16 - 24UNF) only cost $7.20, but getting the nuts on and off in that tight space, at right angles, was very frustrating. Hopefully with the Locktite I put on the new one, this won't loosen again.
    2008 BX-24 with MMM, brush hog, york rake, rear blade; handcrafted 5-tine forks; clamp-on pallet forks; bolt-on/off ripper tooth for BH bucket; Bro-Tek real wheel spacers and BH thumb; Piranha toothbar; Ratchet Rake; 3pt snowblower; extra LED lighting.