Oil & Fuel BX 25 fuel guage not working

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #1  

Bruce Macdonald

My BX 25 fuel guage is not registering correctly, the needle on the guage shows full all the time when the tank is half full. any ideas

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #2  
When you start the tractor, turn the switch to "ON", but don't crank the engine. Let the electrical system self check, and wait until the hour-meter display in the tachometer window. Then crank the engine.

This procedure works on my BX2660.

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #3  
I had a BX2660 that had a fuel guage that was never right. Just traded it for a BX25 which solved the problem.:laughing:

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #4  
Here is a pic of the fuel sender. One wire and a ground wire.
Check to be sure you have a good connections perhaps.

3Ω resistence when full
110ΩOhms resistence when empty

(Not that I am any good w/ electrical, citing the WSM is all)

Let us know what you find.
fuelgauge.jpg

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #5  
What happens when you go below 1/2. The guage on my BX24 stays on full for a long time. Once it gets below half (?) it starts dropping. As easy as it is on diesel I just fill before I start on long projects and then don't worry too much about it.

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working
In order to get to the top of the fuel tank, what do you have to remove to expose it, right now it is under the fender assembly

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #7  
Sounds like you float maybe stuck. Do you have any bumps ya can drive over to see if it giggle loose or the gauge moves at all??

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #8  
My BX 25 fuel guage is not registering correctly, the needle on the guage shows full all the time when the tank is half full. any ideas

What timing Bruce! After 4 years of ownership and 270 hrs the fuel gauge on my B3030 is now stuck on full. I removed the dash to check for tightness of all wires, everything appears fine. I removed the sending unit and tested it in a bucket of diesel fuel and it moves freely up and down. The weird part is when I removed the sending unit from the fuel tank and connected the two wires to it, one a ground and the other power it worked fine. Move the float up gauge goes to full, lower it and I can watch the gauge drop. Lower the float all the way the gauge goes to empty. I then reinstalled the sending unit in the fuel tank connecting the same wires in the same order but when I turn the key to on it goes right to full. Turn the key off it goes to empty. Any suggestions? FYI I have approximately 1/2 tank or less of fuel. I thank you in advance. Stanley

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #9  
Stanley,a broken or bad connection of the power wire to the sending unit will give a full scale reading.Perhaps something changes when the sender is installed vs the out of tank situation-stress on the harness,etc.Good Luck!

/ BX 25 fuel guage not working #10  
What happens when you go below 1/2. The guage on my BX24 stays on full for a long time. Once it gets below half (?) it starts dropping. As easy as it is on diesel I just fill before I start on long projects and then don't worry too much about it.

Take Care,
Doug in SW IA

Mine does exactly the same thing, and has since it was new. I have only put five tanks of gas through it.