Box blade question...

/ Box blade question... #1  
Tractor
BX 24
Sorry if it`s been covered before but I just installed my 48 in BB and 3PT hitch on my BX24, and am wondering if it should have some sway to i,t or should it not move?

The "check chains" as Kubota calls them , that attach to the lower links , look as though they can be adjusted to stop the box blade from moving left and right when lifted ,but don`t seem to easily move so I`m guessing they are suppose to have some play so the box blade follows the tractor , but I`m not sure.

The directions say nothing about it...

/ Box blade question... #2  
Good question. Would love to know the answer myself as I leave mine with a little slack, but don't know if I should be.

/ Box blade question... #3  
I keep mine tight, there less chance of bending a lift arm with them tight. The owners manual tells you how much play to have in them for different implements.

/ Box blade question... #5  
I went to look up the page # in the owners manual and I told you wrong it is the L4240 that has that in the manual. It said for grading implements to have them tight. For a plow or disk you want it loose. I have a PDF copy of the manual somewhere, I think it is on another computer. If I find it I will post that page.

/ Box blade question... #6  
Personally I leave mine with a little play. I like the box to be able to move a couple of inches if I get to close to a tree or whatever. Seems to me if tight all the stress would go to the lift arms on the tractor. I am sure I might have a different opinion if I was only grading open areas with good soil though.

MarkV

/ Box blade question...
OK I guess I`ll tighten them up a bit tomorrow as they seem too loose to me.

Thanks again.

/ Box blade question... #8  
I keep mine just slightly loose so it can easily slide around immoveable objects.

/ Box blade question... #9  
I run mine tight but most of my work is grading roads, no problems yet.:thumbsup:

/ Box blade question... #10  
I leave a little play in all my implements. I hate the chain/turnbuckle on our BX's and am replacing them with ones with pins similar to my other tractors.