hydraulic hose failure

/ hydraulic hose failure #11  
One good source for hoses is a local Parker store. They are in many larger cities. They can make up any length and have almost all of the ends needed, including 90 and 45 ends. I have purchased all of my replacements there w/o any problem. What is nice is that you can exactly copy the lengths, etc. They also sell things like woven sleeve to go over the hoses for wear areas, to protect the hose. I purchased some additional hose sleeve and put 4" lengths over the steering ball joints to protect the boots from damage. I used a soldering iron to put several holes near the end and snaked a wire tie through the ends to clamp it at each end.

paul

/ hydraulic hose failure
One good source for hoses is a local Parker store. They are in many larger cities. They can make up any length and have almost all of the ends needed, including 90 and 45 ends. I have purchased all of my replacements there w/o any problem. What is nice is that you can exactly copy the lengths, etc. They also sell things like woven sleeve to go over the hoses for wear areas, to protect the hose. I purchased some additional hose sleeve and put 4" lengths over the steering ball joints to protect the boots from damage. I used a soldering iron to put several holes near the end and snaked a wire tie through the ends to clamp it at each end.

paul
harbor freight sells a hose protector-flex plastic /split that slips right on-also have used a piece of split garden hose
which also works- just cover the wear points-- big thing is if one goes to catch it quick-----udt expensive--------