Hard to start

/ Hard to start #1  

rtcalv

Tractor
kubota B2710
My kubota b2710 is hard to start. turn over slow like the battery is weak but checked and ok. starting voltage drops to 10 volts at starter. glow plug voltage drops to 8 volts. is this good voltage

/ Hard to start #2  
rtcalv said:
My kubota b2710 is hard to start. turn over slow like the battery is weak but checked and ok. starting voltage drops to 10 volts at starter. glow plug voltage drops to 8 volts. is this good voltage

It sounds pretty low to me. Did you load test the battery or just check voltage?

/ Hard to start
took it to auto zone and they tested it. also ground cable at battery gets hot while cranking. wire that leaves solenoid and goes to ignition switch gets really hot when glow plugs on.

/ Hard to start #4  
Check the ground at the frame. If the cables arc when hooking to battery there's a short.

/ Hard to start #5  
Check all your cables, make sure all connections are clean. Don't just look at them; unbolt/unscrew them. At the battery, at the starter, solenoid, and the frame/ground.

Check your cables closely, around the insulation.

I had a ground on my Kubota, that looked fine. But, when I removed the cable, found corrosion I was not able to originally see; it went up under the insulation. Turned out the battery was ok, but I needed a new negative/ground cable.

/ Hard to start
Check all your cables, make sure all connections are clean. Don't just look at them; unbolt/unscrew them. At the battery, at the starter, solenoid, and the frame/ground.

Check your cables closely, around the insulation.

I had a ground on my Kubota, that looked fine. But, when I removed the cable, found corrosion I was not able to originally see; it went up under the insulation. Turned out the battery was ok, but I needed a new negative/ground cable.

I checked connections and they appear good..took them loose and cleaned. took starter to advance auto, they tested and said it was bad..not sure how accurate this test is.Will probabley take starter to local rebuild shop and let them look at it.