electrical problems with new air ride seat

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #1  

Railbender

Tractor
kubota 5740 hstc-3
I installed new air ride seat in my 5740 with no problem, then comes the wiring . Wire to air pump, no problem, works fine. The wire to safety switch, another story. The oem seat
had two switches on it, one to the seat ops switch and another to the seat tilt switch. Now when the seat is tilted, the motor will run but pto will not work. So when you take this
switch off and wire these two wires together, pto will work but tractor will not move. Ops switch does not seem to affect this. Any help with this ?

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #2  
Hopefully 4shorts will see this. He has a air ride seat in his. If he doesn't you may want to PM him.

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #3  
I drive my tractor a lot as well as driving truck long distance for days and sometimes weeks at a time. I had hemorrhoids real bad. Then I installed air rides on the tractor and truck seat s and things calmed down. Not all the way but air ride rules! I can actually enjoy my tractor again! What a pain in the a** those things are. Air rude gets my vote for sure.

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #4  
Hum. Interesting. Did you get it working? What model seat did you install? Are you just trying to by-pass these two switches because this is where the problem your having is? Does the new air ride seat have an operators presents switch in the seat?
Sorry for all the questions but this is info I need before I can help you. :confused3:

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #5  
Kubotakarl said:
...I had hemorrhoids real bad...

Pretty sure no one gives a d**n about your hemorrhoids. Too much information. And no one was voting for or against air ride in the first place.

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat
yep, got it working, just had to walk away from it and think a bit. No, i wasn't trying to by-pass any switches, i need all the safety i can get. I put the same seat in that
you did. It has an ops switch in seat, came with it. What i had done was tied the two wires together that was attached to the seat tilt switch, as these were no longer
needed. My thinking was this would complete circuit, which it does, but thats not what you need. After i thought about it awhile, i separated these two wires and everything
works fine. will have to put toggle switch between these two wires in case i want to operate pto without being in seat. Man, is this seat nice. Thanks for all your help.
PS. And now Kubota is going to offer air ride as option next year according to my dealer!!!

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #7  
yep, got it working, just had to walk away from it and think a bit. No, i wasn't trying to by-pass any switches, i need all the safety i can get. I put the same seat in that
you did. It has an ops switch in seat, came with it. What i had done was tied the two wires together that was attached to the seat tilt switch, as these were no longer
needed. My thinking was this would complete circuit, which it does, but thats not what you need. After i thought about it awhile, i separated these two wires and everything
works fine. will have to put toggle switch between these two wires in case i want to operate pto without being in seat. Man, is this seat nice. Thanks for all your help.
PS. And now Kubota is going to offer air ride as option next year according to my dealer!!!

Glad you worked it out and the frustration you experienced will be well worth it with the new comfort you'll have now. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Kubota to offer an air ride seat and even if they do the rest of the Grand L owners that already own their tractors will find buying the seat from Kubota way to expensive to buy anyway. Just my :2cents:
Hope you enjoy your seat as much as I've enjoyed mine :thumbsup:
Your welcome :)

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat
hey mr. Paul;
How many hyd. valves do you have on back of your tractor? I know you have the third function valve
on front, but haven't seen the back of it. I have the TNT kit on the back with 3 valves. This works good for
using hyd. box blade. I know we all use our tractors for different purposes, mine works in the dirt and yours
in snow. What i'm getting at, is that we came up with a pretty neat bracket for holding these valves in place.
The one that came on the tractor is kinda flimsy and the vibration of three valves hanging on it will over time
tear out the mounting screws. It did on my L4200 i had a few years back. I'm willing to share pictures, if i could
get the things to load on here. I also have the third function valve on front with 4n1 Bradco bucket, works great
for picking up brush and small piles of debris . Thanks again

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #9  
DT86 said:
Pretty sure no one gives a d**n about your hemorrhoids. Too much information. And no one was voting for or against air ride in the first place.

I was only stating that the seat has really helped my hemmoroids. I tried to get my insurance to pay for it because it worked so good. No need to get testy! I'm sure there is someone else with the same affliction that would appreciate the info.

/ electrical problems with new air ride seat #10  
hey mr. Paul;
How many hyd. valves do you have on back of your tractor? I know you have the third function valve
on front, but haven't seen the back of it. I have the TNT kit on the back with 3 valves. This works good for
using hyd. box blade. I know we all use our tractors for different purposes, mine works in the dirt and yours
in snow. What i'm getting at, is that we came up with a pretty neat bracket for holding these valves in place.
The one that came on the tractor is kinda flimsy and the vibration of three valves hanging on it will over time
tear out the mounting screws. It did on my L4200 i had a few years back. I'm willing to share pictures, if i could
get the things to load on here. I also have the third function valve on front with 4n1 Bradco bucket, works great
for picking up brush and small piles of debris . Thanks again

I have two rear remotes. I never had a need for three. As you know my rig is exclusively used for snow clearing so one remote is used for the chute deflection and the other for the rotation.
I'm sure there are folks here including myself that would enjoy seeing your bracket. That's what these fourms are all about and that's sharing ideas :thumbsup:
Lets see your seat install as well.