Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B8200D

Default First time real tractor owner of a Kubota B8200D with BF300 loader.

I purchased for $4500 a used working kubota B8200D with BF300 loader today as a project tractor to learn on. Any words of wisdom or technical assistance on what to do to bring it to peak operating would be much appreciated. I have owned and worked on cars and diesel trucks for 40 years but I am very excited to finally have tractor other than my trusty Sears GT. Normally I change all of the fluids in a new purchase but I have no clue what this tractor takes. That would be a good start as my loader operates quite slowly and probably needs a transfusion.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kioti ck30

Default Re: First time real tractor owner of a Kubota B8200D with BF300 loader.

best bet would be to go to the kubota page and ask, welcome aboard

Tractor
    1965 135 gasser, 1967 135 diesel

Greeting Brian, There is a huge kubota presence on TBN. You'll get a better response to your question in the Kubota forum. Welcome to TBN. Post some pictures of your tractor too.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MF 230 and Mitsubishi D2000

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken
    Massey Ferguson 230
    Mitsubishi D2000

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Many

Welcome to the forum.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

It would be in your best interest to obtain an Operator's Manual for your make and model. Welcome aboard. Best wishes.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1423 Hydrostat

Massey 1423, 1462 loader, wallenstein Ranch ho gx620, with subframe mount. Deere 710c

Tractor
    None

Welcome to TBN

I moved your thread to the kubota Owning/Operating forum.
    Briana
    TBN Support

Tractor
    Kubota L235DT

If you are really serious about working on it and keeping it for a number of years, the very first thing you should do is obtain ALL the manuals (Operator, Service, and Parts) that you can. Some can be found online, usually, for what might seem to be a little expensive, but well worth every penny when you need it. Well worth it to have when you get the urge to get into it and see/repair something you're not sure about.

Good Luck

Ron

Tractor
    New Holland TC40D

I had a B8200HSTD for 12 years or so. GREAT tractor; built like a tank, albeit a tad under-powered.

Get the owners manual. It will tell you all the filters and fluids. I would change them all on a used machine. Dont forget the strainer under the banjo fitting below the right side foot rest. A lot of the filters are available from NAPA.

Make sure to grease all the zerks. Be sure to get the one on the range lever; it is hard to see, but is there. And, get the ones on the clutch and brake rod tubes, under the tractor.

Putting the oil dipstick back in the engine is tricky because it is hard to see. Usually can see it by looking from the side, not from above.

The manuals are still available; owners manual is around $20. It lists all the filters and fluids. also shows all the grease zerks.

Quote Originally Posted by modaddysdotcom View Post
    I purchased for $4500 a used working kubota B8200D with BF300 loader today as a project tractor to learn on. Any words of wisdom or technical assistance on what to do to bring it to peak operating would be much appreciated. I have owned and worked on cars and diesel trucks for 40 years but I am very excited to finally have tractor other than my trusty Sears GT. Normally I change all of the fluids in a new purchase but I have no clue what this tractor takes. That would be a good start as my loader operates quite slowly and probably needs a transfusion.
    RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast