3-Point Hitch New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work?

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work? #1  

Barefooter64

Tractor
Kubota B7800
I purchased a 2007 B7800 the other day and i think the 3pt lift isn't working correctly. I had read about the 1/4" 3pt control but it's not something i had 1st hand experience with. When i tried the tractor out the lift went up and down so I didn't think there was a problem. However, after reading the operators guide I think the lift isn't working as it should.

The guide uses A B N C D for the positions of the 3pt lever. A and B are down. A is full down and B is supposed to be 1/4" down. C (1/4) and D (full) are the up controls.

On my B7800 when the control is moved to position C the engine slows a bit but the lift doesn't move. Moving to position D the lift moves up until top or the lever is moved down.

Moving the lever to B causes the lift to go down until bottom or the lever is moved to N. Position A does the same as B.

How should a 1/4" 3pt work? If mine isnt working correctly anyone know how to fix it?

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work? #2  
You may need to adjust the stops. The quarter-incher settings should make the 3-pt move slowly if held there, such that if you repeatedly bumped the stops, it would move about 1/4" with each bump.

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work? #3  
I have a B7610 with the 1/4 inch control 3PH. As I think you are pretty new to the tractor world I wont get into the lack of this machine to have a true 3PH control that actually is easy to work. Seems that possibly your controls need adjustment, mine did when I got it. In fact, the PO had removed the upper stop and I had to purchase a new one for $26 for a tiny bit of plastic..........

Anyway, what happens, and once you get the thing adjusted it really does work. One has 4 movements with the 3PH lever. In and up to the stop, out and up beyond the stop, in and down to the stop, and down and beyond the stop. When you bump the stop either way, up or down, the movement of the 3PH is where the 1/4" name comes from as the implement moves around that much up or down. If you hold the control lever down against or up against the stop one gets a very slow movement in the direction of up or down. If one pushes out and up or down, one gets a very fast movement in the corresponding direction.

IT IS ALL IN THE ADJUSTMENT OF THE STOPS.....................

When adjusting the stops, this "1/4 inch" spot in the lever is perhaps 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch of actual lever movement, That is where you adjust the stops to when you want that so called 1/4 inch of movement in the implement or arms when you push the lever up or down to those stops. Start out from neutral in the middle and SLOWLY move the lever and watch an impliment.........when it just begins to move, actually shortly after you hear the engine begin to labor, is where you want the stop.......this point should allow VERY SLOW MOVEMENT of the arms.............

Hope that is an answer that you can use..............NOW HOW to actually use the 1/4 inch control when manipulating and implement like a blade or box blade is another story altogether............Good luck.......God bless..........Dennis

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work? #4  
not to confuse you at all, but also the knob below the seat will slow down, speed up, or lock the 3ph from settling down over time. that knob adjusts the gravity down flow of the 3 point hitch. not the raiseing up, just the lowering. open the knob up (like a hose spicket knob) and the 3 ph will drop faster. close it up a bit (not all the way) and it will lower slower. close it all the way and it will keep the 3ph from settling down at all as all 1/4" valve 3ph will settle down over time, especially with a heavy implement. that knobs use is to allow for more control for lowering different weights of implements. a same setting will allow a heavy implement to drop faster then a lighter implement. you don't want to drop implements too fast, so it is a good feature to have. also if you want to keep it at a certain height, like if you were bush hogging with a 3ph bush hog for a few hours, you can lock it at your chosen height. as like i said all 1/4" valve 3ph systems normally settle down over time on their own. good luck and enjoy your b7800. its a great tractor.

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work?
The 3pt is now working. The stops needed some adjustment. Now to figure out how to use it.

Thanks for the help!

/ New to me b7800.. how is 1/4 inching 3pt supposed to work? #6  
you can lock it at your chosen height.

Just a reminder, in case you missed it in your manual: if you lock the 3ph flow rate and then try to raise the hitch, you can damage your hydraulic pump. At least that's the case on my tractor, and I think it is on yours too. The flow rate valve is closed off, and when you try to raise the hitch, the pump pushes against the closed valve, building up heat and eventually doing damage.