Leveling my rotary cutter...

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have a B7500 and a Bush Hog 5' rotary cutter I use on my horse pasture. When I used the first time last weekend, I noticed that the right front of the bushhog was gouging the ground, especially when turning. No problem, I thought, just operator headspace and timing. A little experience would solve the problem... But yesterday, I noticed that the right side is a good 2 or 3 inches lower than the left side, which is probably why I digging the trench through the pasture. Now, my question is how do I adjust the 3 point hitch (or the bushhog) so that it's level? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #2  
My Kubota has a crank on the right side arm that allows the three point to be leveled. My last tractor was a Massey and it also had a crank handle to level the three point lower arms. Hope you have one too. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #3  
Unfortunately, I don't think the smaller tractors (even my B2710) have the handy crank, but they do have a screw adjustment on the right lift rod, just about like the top link adjustment.

Bird

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #4  
Bird. I think you need to jump up to a B2910 to get that crank handle... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #5  
I gotta better idea; just put the hydraulic tip and tilt on the 2710 I already have (when I can afford it)./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #6  
Now you're getting somewhere...

Mark

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #7  
Yes, probably!

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #8  
Mark, I've been reluctant to "order" a two spool valve without seeing it first (Tractor Supply and Northern Tool have them in their catalogs, but not stocked in the local stores), and the only one I've actually looked at was unblievably big and heavy. Where did you get yours?

Bird

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #9  
I got mine through my dealer, who got it from Tisco. It was a Cross, though, so they're available from a lot of places.

My L4310HST uses Kubota's integral three-spool valve option.

Mark

/ Leveling my rotary cutter... #10  
Ya Mark...!!!

I bought the one for my little B8200 from Northern. WHAT A MONSTER! What Bird said is triple true!

This three spool valve is HUGE!

where should I have bought from? Anywhere else with a smaller size three spool for near the $189 deal on that valve from Northern(Prince)?

RobertN in Shingle Springs Calif