cracked cab roof on L3540

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #1  

JOHNINMA

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B5200, L3540
Recently discovered my L3540 with 250 hours has about a 2.5 inch crack on the lower black plastic portion of the roof over the door. Anybody patched one with jb weld or a similar product and how were the results.

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #2  
There is an old thread on here somewhere, but I can't find it; good luck.

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #3  
Lord Fusor makes a product called 100 EZ. I use it in most of my bodyshop repairs and works great. But not cheap, I don't seem to have luck with JB Weld.

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #4  
Recently discovered my L3540 with 250 hours has about a 2.5 inch crack on the lower black plastic portion of the roof over the door. Anybody patched one with jb weld or a similar product and how were the results.

I recently put on a used (freebee) plastic canopy on my L4200 that was badly cracked from having a tree land on it. I patched it with 5-minute epoxy - nice fat bead on each side. I also reinforced the area with zip-tie "stitches", then added some more epoxy - I don't think the zip ties were absolutely necessary, but it is pretty much indestructible with them in there. Then I spray-bombed the 'seam' it orange. It worked great - not the prettiest thing in the world, but looks perfect at night :).

If you look close, you can see the zip ties on the corner of the canopy closest to the camera:

8099826515_740e5e35d1_z_d.jpg

JayC

/ cracked cab roof on L3540
Thankyou everyone for the help. I'm going to take the roof off and patch it with an epoxy from the inside so it won't be noticeable. I wonder how much Kubota gets for one of these roofs if this cracking persists?

I think I have to rethink my roof repair strategy after just seeing pictures of the inside of the roof that 4Shorts posted on another thread. It appears that I will be unable to get at the crack from inside do to the way the roof appears to be molded. Oh well I'll just try to keep it as neat as possible from the outside when I patch it.

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #7  
I think I have to rethink my roof repair strategy after just seeing pictures of the inside of the roof that 4Shorts posted on another thread. It appears that I will be unable to get at the crack from inside do to the way the roof appears to be molded. Oh well I'll just try to keep it as neat as possible from the outside when I patch it.

It's a double layered roof. You could cut out the inner section and repair the roof from the inside then patch the inner roof then re-assemble. Just :2cents:

I thought along those lines 4Shorts, but its a relatively small crack and I think a little black paint will mask any repair to my satisfaction as my main concern is to prevent it from growing. Thankyou to everyone for the input.

/ cracked cab roof on L3540 #9  
hello i have a L3540 with full cab the top cracked and i just took my sodering gun and melted it back in place and that was 3 years ago i wish i only had that problem now because last thursday i rolled it on its roof from 20 feet not a pretty sight