Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #1  

Rail Dawg

Silver Member
The only available L3800 shop manual from Messicks is an L3800 DT. I have an HST... Where can I go to get the L3800 HST manual or will the DT one suffice?

Thanks!

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #2  
Boy that is a bummer. At the price they are I would want the right one.
I inquired to Messicks about an L3010 DT shop manual and never heard back from them so I assumed they don't have that one either.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #3  
Did you call them?

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks
I haven't called yet. I used their "Contact Us" link on their home page.

What does "DT" mean on a Kubota?

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #5  
I haven't called yet. I used their "Contact Us" link on their home page.

What does "DT" mean on a Kubota?
Dual Traction, as far as I know.

I've had better luck calling them to find stuff.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #6  
I think it means direct transmission. The DT tractors have 4 forward in high and 4 in low, 4 reverse gears. I have not looked for a manual yet. If you find one please post where and how much. I have a L3700SU HST which is the same running gear you have I think.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #7  
Sammy3700 said:
I think it means direct transmission. The DT tractors have 4 forward in high and 4 in low, 4 reverse gears. I have not looked for a manual yet. If you find one please post where and how much. I have a L3700SU HST which is the same running gear you have I think.

Yup your right.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #8  
Two things....I have seen DT on Kubotas and all with that designation were 4WD so I would presume it's for front wheel drive models. Maybe Dual Traction?

On shop manuals for Kubota, I have been buying them for 25 years in anticipation of a problem that never came. The Kubotas just kept on going and never needed a major repair.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #9  
sixdogs said:
Two things....I have seen DT on Kubotas and all with that designation were 4WD so I would presume it's for front wheel drive models. Maybe Dual Traction?

On shop manuals for Kubota, I have been buying them for 25 years in anticipation of a problem that never came. The Kubotas just kept on going and never needed a major repair.

L3200DT means its a manual trans
L3200HST means hydro trans
True story. Has nothing to do with 4wd.

/ Getting an L3800 HST shop manual from Messicks #10  
A 4wd L3800 gear drive is L3800DT

A 2wd L3800 gear drive is L3800F

I don't really know what DT stands for, but it's only on the 4wd gear drive.