Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #1  

williewillnot

Tractor
Kubota L39
I was using the L39 tractor and the GST light started flashing on the control panel. Error 61 through 66 started flashing on panel, along with 1 7 8 NG, 2 9 10 NG, 3 4 11 NG, 5 6 12 NG, 1 - - - 6 NG, 3579 NG. The hydraulics still work, I used the backhoe to pull the tractor to a good spot. I unhooked the battery, {thinking by doing this it may rest the computer or something} and changed the hydraulic filter, toped of hydraulic oil level, restarted tractor, same thing, errors keep flashing on display, and transmission will not engage, the tractor will not move, but the engine sounds good. There is about 1000 hrs on tractor, and I am the only one that has driven this tractor.
I need some advise as to how to fix the problem.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #2  
Welcome from Oklahoma. Pop over to the Kubota Owning/Operating forum and start a thread there. Someone should be able to help you there.

Ken

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #3  
check your elect. control. 50 cent fuse / breaker was shot in mine, replaced the fuse - working fine 300 hours later.

Hope yours is this simple.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #5  
Welcome to the forum.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #6  
Welcome to TBN :)

I moved your thread to the Kubota Owning/Operating forum.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #7  
Not sure how close my L3130 GST is to the L39. But error codes 61- 66 deal with solenoids 1 thru 6.

Make sure all fuses up front and in the fuse panel are good.

With them all being bad , you need to crawl under tractor, should be left side and look for the harness being pulled loose or a bad ground.

On the L3130 under the left fender is the GST ECU, make sure it is ok not sure where it is on L39.

If you check with your dealer there are two plugs with caps on them, on L3130 is is by the rear right corner of operators seat so no idea for L39. The dealer should have a set of shorting plugs that you plug into the connectors to force tractor into low gear to move it if the ECU is bad, if the solenoids are bad not sure what you can do to move it.

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #8  
OP, please don't forget to let us know what's happening on your L39 problem. Was it a bad fuse? Dis a connector/plug get pulled loose? There's lots of folks on TBN that are willing to help. I've got a L39 with about 960 hrs and I'll be happy to check a few things for you.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #9  
Error 61 through 66 are all transmission solenoid errors indicating the solenoid voltage is out of specifications. The 1 7 8 NG means the ranges 1, 7 and 8 will not work. Looks like you lost everything at once. Could be the wiring harness to the solenoid body got ripped out. The valve body is on the left side of the mid section of the transmission. Look for loose wiring connections. The connector for the solenoids is on the back side of the valve body facing the rear of the tractor. The ECU that controls the transmission is on the left side under the operator platform. Could be loose connections there as well.

/ Kubota L39 Error Code 61 -66 #10  
The wireing harness is most likely what is wrong. Check for a loose wire. Just had mine knocked off tonight by a small 2" tree. Tractor runs throught the gears but is still showing a Error 66. I will check the fuses next as suggested above. Good luck..