PTO generator

/ PTO generator #301  
Fred, My point was that a $400 VFD, or $100-$200 on Y start, Delta run (if you have the right motor), will be way cheaper than the oversized generator needed to start it the way it is. Not only in initial cost but in fuel savings.

/ PTO generator #302  
Fred, My point was that a $400 VFD, or $100-$200 on Y start, Delta run (if you have the right motor), will be way cheaper than the oversized generator needed to start it the way it is. Not only in initial cost but in fuel savings.
Can this start a motor under load with less source amperage??

/ PTO generator #303  
Just picked up my John Deere 10kw PTO generator the other day that I ordered a couple of weeks ago. Little pricey, but one solid unit. Nice 3pt platform it is mounted on.

/ PTO generator #304  
Who are good manufactures of PTO generators? Who should I stay away from?
I am looking for a 10KW unit. What are some good features to look for?

Harbor Freight has this unit

Search results for: 'pto generator'

Tons of these units on ebay, are they worth it?

New 15KW PTO Driven Generator Cat 1 3pt 25 HP Rating | eBay

Diesel Power Torq PTO Generator 16KW Max w 3 Point Hitch New | eBay

How about Northern Tool product?

NorthStar PTO Generator — 7200 Watt, 14 HP Required | PTO Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for your help.

/ PTO generator #305  
Who are good manufactures of PTO generators? Who should I stay away from?
I am looking for a 10KW unit. What are some good features to look for?

Harbor Freight has this unit

Search results for: 'pto generator'

Tons of these units on ebay, are they worth it?

New 15KW PTO Driven Generator Cat 1 3pt 25 HP Rating | eBay

Diesel Power Torq PTO Generator 16KW Max w 3 Point Hitch New | eBay

How about Northern Tool product?

NorthStar PTO Generator — 7200 Watt, 14 HP Required | PTO Generators| Northern Tool + Equipment

Thanks for your help.

The Harbor Freight, ebay, Torq, and Rural King are all the same unit that is made in China. I bought mine from Rural King for around $ 1,160.00. Haven't used it except for testing it out but seems like a solid unit.

/ PTO generator #308  
Thanks guys, it looks like it is back ordered....:mur:

This looks like a great deal hopefully they are in a container on the way to the USA.:boat:

The pto shaft that was sent with my generator was severly short. After contacting Rural King they investigated and called manufacture. Manufacture said the sent some too short and will send me the correct one. Still waiting after 3 weeks. Otherwise, no complaints.

/ PTO generator #309  
Thanks guys, it looks like it is back ordered....:mur:

This looks like a great deal hopefully they are in a container on the way to the USA.:boat:

Watch the Rural King site cause when they get them in they sell out fast.

/ PTO generator #310  
The pto shaft that was sent with my generator was severly short. After contacting Rural King they investigated and called manufacture. Manufacture said the sent some too short and will send me the correct one. Still waiting after 3 weeks. Otherwise, no complaints.

I am sure it will be perfect for a BX 2200, all of my stuff I had to cut a lot of the shaft.