Does this look "finished"

/ Does this look "finished" #1  

Jhossack1

Tractor
Kubota
I have a newly aquired tiller. The tiller's shaft wont go on the B7100's PTO shaft. The lands look unfinished to me. Slides right onto other tractor shafts - but not mine. Anybody heard of kubotas with unfinished pto shafts? Here's a pic. Does it look finished?
Tractor-PTO-Shaft.jpg

/ Does this look "finished" #2  
That B7100 is close to 20 years old. I expect you've got some rust to clean up off the tractor's PTO shaft. Probably some burrs, nick and other minor damage too.

Have you ever had any PTO driveshaft connected to that B7100, or is the tractor new to you?

/ Does this look "finished"
Nah - its clean. After many attempts to feed the shaft on...and WD40...and wire tooth brush, and clean rag...it wont even start onto the shaft. I give...?

/ Does this look "finished" #4  
Same Shaft?

/ Does this look "finished" #5  
Nah - its clean. After many attempts to feed the shaft on...and WD40...and wire tooth brush, and clean rag...it wont even start onto the shaft. I give...?

Did you just buy the tractor?

I bought it new about 20 years ago. I've only had a belly mower on the mid...nothing ever on the rear PTO. Just blades and trailers etc. on the 3 pt. hitch.

That B7100 is close to 20 years old. I expect you've got some rust to clean up off the tractor's PTO shaft. Probably some burrs, nick and other minor damage too.

Have you ever had any PTO driveshaft connected to that B7100, or is the tractor new to you?

Not sure I get your question. I took the tiller's shaft into the Kubota dealer, the mechanic slid it up onto another cat 1 tractor, like a dream. On The good tractor shaft, the lands looked chamfered and the female slid on for about a half inch before the collar had to be slid to allow full-on connect. No problem. He says all PTO shafts are the same. Guess I'll have to trailer it in.

Same Shaft?

/ Does this look "finished" #8  
Not sure I get your question. I took the tiller's shaft into the Kubota dealer, the mechanic slid it up onto another cat 1 tractor, like a dream. On The good tractor shaft, the lands looked chamfered and the female slid on for about a half inch before the collar had to be slid to allow full-on connect. No problem. He says all PTO shafts are the same. Guess I'll have to trailer it in.

Well, he's right...shame you didn't notice this when you bought the tractor.
Let us know what the dealer determines...

/ Does this look "finished" #9  
In the far dark caverns of my memory storage I seem to recall different splines for Japanes home designated Kubotas as having different splines and maybe even different rotation???:(

/ Does this look "finished" #10  
In the far dark caverns of my memory storage I seem to recall different splines for Japanes home designated Kubotas as having different splines and maybe even different rotation???:(

Good point, Egon...the OP may have a grey market machine.