Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota

Default Does this look "finished"

I have a newly aquired tiller. The tiller's shaft wont go on the B7100's PTO shaft. The lands look unfinished to me. Slides right onto other tractor shafts - but not mine. Anybody heard of kubotas with unfinished pto shafts? Here's a pic. Does it look finished?
    -tractor-pto-shaft-jpg

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Default Re: Does this look "finished"

That B7100 is close to 20 years old. I expect you've got some rust to clean up off the tractor's PTO shaft. Probably some burrs, nick and other minor damage too.

Have you ever had any PTO driveshaft connected to that B7100, or is the tractor new to you?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Kubota

Nah - its clean. After many attempts to feed the shaft on...and WD40...and wire tooth brush, and clean rag...it wont even start onto the shaft. I give...?

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Same Shaft?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by Jhossack1 View Post
    Nah - its clean. After many attempts to feed the shaft on...and WD40...and wire tooth brush, and clean rag...it wont even start onto the shaft. I give...?
    Did you just buy the tractor?
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Tractor
    Kubota

I bought it new about 20 years ago. I've only had a belly mower on the mid...nothing ever on the rear PTO. Just blades and trailers etc. on the 3 pt. hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    That B7100 is close to 20 years old. I expect you've got some rust to clean up off the tractor's PTO shaft. Probably some burrs, nick and other minor damage too.

Have you ever had any PTO driveshaft connected to that B7100, or is the tractor new to you?

Tractor
    Kubota

Not sure I get your question. I took the tiller's shaft into the kubota dealer, the mechanic slid it up onto another cat 1 tractor, like a dream. On The good tractor shaft, the lands looked chamfered and the female slid on for about a half inch before the collar had to be slid to allow full-on connect. No problem. He says all PTO shafts are the same. Guess I'll have to trailer it in.

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Same Shaft?

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Jhossack1 View Post
    Not sure I get your question. I took the tiller's shaft into the kubota dealer, the mechanic slid it up onto another cat 1 tractor, like a dream. On The good tractor shaft, the lands looked chamfered and the female slid on for about a half inch before the collar had to be slid to allow full-on connect. No problem. He says all PTO shafts are the same. Guess I'll have to trailer it in.
    Well, he's right...shame you didn't notice this when you bought the tractor.
    Let us know what the dealer determines...
    Roy Jackson

-Joseph P. Martino

In the far dark caverns of my memory storage I seem to recall different splines for Japanes home designated Kubotas as having different splines and maybe even different rotation???
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Egon View Post
    In the far dark caverns of my memory storage I seem to recall different splines for Japanes home designated Kubotas as having different splines and maybe even different rotation???
    Good point, Egon...the OP may have a grey market machine.
    Roy Jackson

-Joseph P. Martino

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast