Backhoe Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you?

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #1  

OrangeBeast

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX22
Ok I know this is a strange question but can you install a BT600 bucket flipped 180? and it be functional?

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #2  
I am trying to work on this one but you are really making my brain hurt. :)

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #3  
I know you can turn the bucket around on many trackhoes with quick attach hitches on them.

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #4  
Why? Could you even empty it when filled? It dosent have a clam like a shovel! Now I wanna go try!

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #5  
Have you tried it? Does your setup allow it eithout modification? I understand why you want it to work. Are you trying to dig a wall and the depth wont allow you to dig from the top side?

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #6  
Like this video I found.

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you?
Ya like that but on a BX kinda scale.

I am working on adding buttress supports to a foundation that is only basically on grade! What the original owner was thinking who the heck knows. So over the summer I had no problem digging the 4' down in the clay but I was having difficulty getting under. And wow is it hard to do with a shovel. Right now I dont have the BH on as I am about to set up the tractor for winter. This just popped into my head so I wanted to see if anyone tried this but a search came up with all kinds of BH stuff but did not see anything on flipping the bucket around and using it that way. I know its not designed for it, but its was a thought, and it would not be to do the entire hole just finish it up. I have 2 done and I have 8 to do next summer and frankly any way to make it easier i'm all for it.

I don't mean to make anyone's head hurt or explode on thinking about this.

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #8  
Ya like that but on a BX kinda scale.

I am working on adding buttress supports to a foundation that is only basically on grade! What the original owner was thinking who the heck knows. So over the summer I had no problem digging the 4' down in the clay but I was having difficulty getting under. And wow is it hard to do with a shovel. Right now I dont have the BH on as I am about to set up the tractor for winter. This just popped into my head so I wanted to see if anyone tried this but a search came up with all kinds of BH stuff but did not see anything on flipping the bucket around and using it that way. I know its not designed for it, but its was a thought, and it would not be to do the entire hole just finish it up. I have 2 done and I have 8 to do next summer and frankly any way to make it easier i'm all for it.

I don't mean to make anyone's head hurt or explode on thinking about this.
Like i said, can you get your setup to do it? If you can, than do it. Your not gonna hurt anything. Just do it if you want. Seen it done a handful of times to dig lower walls. Its not something out odf the ordinary

/ Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #9  
Shortthrow 50,I find your avatar and other picture to be very offensive and childish.I am surprised it is allowed.This forum is supposed to be about tractors.

Last edited:
   / Backhoe Bucket Backwards, Can you? #10  
I don't know but I wonder if the hydraulics and boom are designed for working in that direction. But for gentle use it might be okay.

Now back when I was a kid, that's the way the power shovels worked (they ran off of cables not hydraulics, and had trap doors in the bottom for dumping.)

Ken