Remove RC72-30B Mower

/ Remove RC72-30B Mower #1  

brownsl

I have a B2630 with a RC72-30B mid-mount mowing deck. I want to remove the deck but I am having difficulty even though it seems straight-forward. Manuals always frustrate me as it seems companies pay by the word so they use the minimal amount of words to describe something. I adjust the cutting height to the minimum setting which I interpret to mean have the gauge wheels lowered as much as possible or the deck as high off the ground as possible. When I do this and then lower the deck it seems that should give me play in the rear links such that the L pins can be easily pulled out. However, the L pins are so tight that I can not pull them out. Is there some sort of trick I need to do to loosen the pins?

/ Remove RC72-30B Mower #2  
Does your tractor have a adjustment knob for cutting height? If if does turn it to 0 and lower the deck til the wheels touch. The pins will easily come out then.

/ Remove RC72-30B Mower #3  
I would consider minimum setting as gauge wheels raised. This would give you maximum clearance under tractor. That is the setting that works best with my 72"MMM.

/ Remove RC72-30B Mower #4  
I have a B3030 with the same deck.

Before pulling those pins, be sure to:
1. Disconnect the front link.
2. Disconnect the pto
3. Lower the 3pt all the way

Once you do that, you should be able to move the deck around on the ground a little bit. You should be able to find the sweet spot that relieves the pressure on the spring loaded pins. If they're really stuck, you could always spray a little WD40 in there too.