BX24 Battery

/ BX24 Battery #21  
Whatever....

On my BX23 I just go to Wally World and look up the battery for a Dodge Neon. It's the right size and terminal orientation. Usually about $80 out the door. 10 year life is not typical (at least here in Texas).

/ BX24 Battery #22  
BX 24 takes a Group 26 at Sam's Club for $68

/ BX24 Battery #24  
Make sure the terminals are correct. The BX uses a REVERSED terminal battery. The + pos and - neg are reversed. So the number should end with an R.

/ BX24 Battery #25  
I just replaced my original Deka (9 1/2 years old) with a 26R from Napa. I asked them for the one with the highest CCA. Side by side the NAPA one looked identical to the original Deka. I looked up the specs and they are the same. My guess is it is the same battery. It fit like a glove.

/ BX24 Battery #26  
I have replaced the battery twice on my BX24. The first time I used a Dodge Neon battery from Costco. The problem was it had to be jammed into the compartment with no room to spare. This means I couldn't add Battery Tender connections or a 30 amp feed for my tree sprayer. The correct battery for the BX series is a Group 27R. Lots of power and room to make connections.

/ BX24 Battery #28  
I have replaced the battery twice on my BX24. The first time I used a Dodge Neon battery from Costco. The problem was it had to be jammed into the compartment with no room to spare. This means I couldn't add Battery Tender connections or a 30 amp feed for my tree sprayer. The correct battery for the BX series is a Group 27R. Lots of power and room to make connections.

I believe you mean a size 26R. A size 27 battery will never fit in the BX. A 27 is one of the bigger batteries made and they don't make a 27R, for some reason it's called a 27F.

I just put a size 26R Interstate battery that I bought from Northern Tool and it fits perfectly.

Group L" W" H"
26R 8.20 6.90 7.80
27 12.10 6.80 8.90
27F 12.10 6.80 8.90

Ref: BatteryWeb, Inc. - BCI Group Numbers, Dimensional Specifications, Polarity and Terminals

/ BX24 Battery #29  
I believe you mean a size 26R. A size 27 battery will never fit in the BX. A 27 is one of the bigger batteries made and they don't make a 27R, for some reason it's called a 27F.

I just put a size 26R Interstate battery that I bought from Northern Tool and it fits perfectly.

Group L" W" H"
26R 8.20 6.90 7.80
27 12.10 6.80 8.90
27F 12.10 6.80 8.90

Ref: BatteryWeb, Inc. - BCI Group Numbers, Dimensional Specifications, Polarity and Terminals

You are correct. I was relying on my memory. 26R is the battery. I bought it from O'Reilly's for about $90. Sorry about that.
Here is the original reference I used:
http://www.carquestprofessionals.com/batteries/BatteryApplicationGuide.pdf.
Page 124 has the Kubota.

Last edited: