Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota, BX23

Default Anyone ever try the LED light bars?

Curious if anyone has tried one, I was thinking about mounting a 10" under my ROPS bar.I wouldlike one that swivels 180 degrees so I could use it with my BX23 BH. I have noticed the prices are coming down on them. I thought the flood light would be a good upgrade,but have not seen any mounted on a tractor and wondered about the output. I upgraded to an alternator on my BX, so amperage draw really in not a concern, but was curious about the LED output as I am more of a halogen guy.
    Its been three years since I did the alternator and still cannot make up my mind on nice floods for my BX..I was looking at the Hella's retangular 500's, figured the would give more headroom and fill the corner of the ROPS.

But now I am wondering about a large flat LED in the middle.
    Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Default Re: Anyone ever try the LED light bars?

Yep I have the video will show the extent of them.

kubota 5740 upgrades - YouTube
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

Quote Originally Posted by 4shorts
    Yep I have the video will show the extent of them.

kubota 5740 upgrades - YouTube
    Wow!! Nice mods!
    BX2350 - FEL, 48" Box blade, Markham toothbar, ROPS mounted lights, BXpanded bucket hooks, 48" Howse brush cutter

Tractor
    Big & Small one :)

Quote Originally Posted by jesseb3@att.net View Post
    Wow!! Nice mods!
    Thanks
    ...Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude...

Visit us on the web @ www.specialtyrepairs.ca

YouTube Video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/7863348?feature=guide

2011 Kubota 5740/854 FEL/L2674 Blower/Artic Angle blade with 3rd function set up,Rain Tracker Wiper system, custom built vertical exhaust,Grammer Air Ride Seat and other custom stuff
    2013 Kubota BX25D with many mods
    Kubota ZTR ZG 222 Z
    Custom Toyota Fork Lift

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Though probably not optimal for ROPS, I just bought one of these from ebay for the roof of my skid steer for snow removal or if I head down the street to refuel.
    Probably something similar to what 4shorts installed will be more to your application. Something like this. There are many others out there, this was just an example.
    If you order from ebay, keep a close eye on where the item is coming from. Many are directly from China, so who knows how long it may take to receive the item. And what if there's a return issue?
    Even some of the lights shown as coming from Walnut, California are from the same outfits. Do a little research and be sure where you're buying from if you choose the ebay route.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Kubota, BX23

Do ya'll think a good quality set of fog lamps would be sufficient to work with safely? I am more interested in a wide angle beam, rather than a distant spot beam. I was looking at these and wondered how they would work?
    My Hella Lights :: HELLA 550 Fog

LED spot bars are still too high I'm afraid, and I always get burned on the Lumens.
    Kubota BX-23, BH, FEL, MMM, Various Bro-tek attachments, Exmark Lazermark.
    ASME Certified welding inspector specializing in Visual, Mag Particle, Dye Penetrant, and Ultrasonics

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

Quote Originally Posted by Tollster View Post
    Do ya'll think a good quality set of fog lamps would be sufficient to work with safely? I am more interested in a wide angle beam, rather than a distant spot beam. I was looking at these and wondered how they would work?
    My Hella Lights :: HELLA 550 Fog

LED spot bars are still too high I'm afraid, and I always get burned on the Lumens.
    I guess I missed what exactly you were looking for. You want lights that you can see to do stuff with. Not lights that allow you to be seen by others.
    My only experience with that type of light was buying a kubota factory rear work light kit. Included the switch and simply plugged into the factory pigtails in my cab's headliner.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Tractor
    Kubota B20

This tractor is like a rolling, flashing work of art!

Veteran Member

I've gone LED everything. LED street lights, LED area lights, LED security lights. I just switched our some 1000W sodium lights on the building with 50 watt LED and the LED throws the same light, at 1/20th the cost. I can run the LED all month darn near for what the 1000 watt cost me in a day.

Think about it on a 20 amp circuit you can run nearly 40 led lights rather than 4 of the 500 watt halogen. Bets part is they don't get HOT. Those work light are fire hazards.

I connected a LED street light to the top of a tractor ( you all know how bright street lights are ) and it throws light 360 degrees

Tractor
    Kubota L5740

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Driver View Post
    I've gone LED everything. LED street lights, LED area lights, LED security lights. I just switched our some 1000W sodium lights on the building with 50 watt LED and the LED throws the same light, at 1/20th the cost. I can run the LED all month darn near for what the 1000 watt cost me in a day.

Think about it on a 20 amp circuit you can run nearly 40 led lights rather than 4 of the 500 watt halogen. Bets part is they don't get HOT. Those work light are fire hazards.

I connected a LED street light to the top of a tractor ( you all know how bright street lights are ) and it throws light 360 degrees

Hey Cat...where dod you get the led security lights?? I have four mercury vapors I might change out since one bulb has gone again.
    Kubota L5740 La854
    MF 35 Deluxe gas wloader...For sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast