Anyone ever try the LED light bars?

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #1  

Tollster

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, BX23
Curious if anyone has tried one, I was thinking about mounting a 10" under my ROPS bar.I wouldlike one that swivels 180 degrees so I could use it with my BX23 BH. I have noticed the prices are coming down on them. I thought the flood light would be a good upgrade,but have not seen any mounted on a tractor and wondered about the output. I upgraded to an alternator on my BX, so amperage draw really in not a concern, but was curious about the LED output as I am more of a halogen guy.
Its been three years since I did the alternator and still cannot make up my mind on nice floods for my BX..I was looking at the Hella's retangular 500's, figured the would give more headroom and fill the corner of the ROPS.

But now I am wondering about a large flat LED in the middle.

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #2  

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 6,727
   / Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #5  
Though probably not optimal for ROPS, I just bought one of these from ebay for the roof of my skid steer for snow removal or if I head down the street to refuel.
Probably something similar to what 4shorts installed will be more to your application. Something like this. There are many others out there, this was just an example.
If you order from ebay, keep a close eye on where the item is coming from. Many are directly from China, so who knows how long it may take to receive the item. And what if there's a return issue?
Even some of the lights shown as coming from Walnut, California are from the same outfits. Do a little research and be sure where you're buying from if you choose the ebay route.

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars?
Do ya'll think a good quality set of fog lamps would be sufficient to work with safely? I am more interested in a wide angle beam, rather than a distant spot beam. I was looking at these and wondered how they would work?
My Hella Lights :: HELLA 550 Fog

LED spot bars are still too high I'm afraid, and I always get burned on the Lumens.

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #7  
Do ya'll think a good quality set of fog lamps would be sufficient to work with safely? I am more interested in a wide angle beam, rather than a distant spot beam. I was looking at these and wondered how they would work?
My Hella Lights :: HELLA 550 Fog

LED spot bars are still too high I'm afraid, and I always get burned on the Lumens.

I guess I missed what exactly you were looking for. You want lights that you can see to do stuff with. Not lights that allow you to be seen by others.
My only experience with that type of light was buying a Kubota factory rear work light kit. Included the switch and simply plugged into the factory pigtails in my cab's headliner.

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #8  
This tractor is like a rolling, flashing work of art!

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #9  
I've gone LED everything. LED street lights, LED area lights, LED security lights. I just switched our some 1000W sodium lights on the building with 50 watt LED and the LED throws the same light, at 1/20th the cost. I can run the LED all month darn near for what the 1000 watt cost me in a day.

Think about it on a 20 amp circuit you can run nearly 40 led lights rather than 4 of the 500 watt halogen. Bets part is they don't get HOT. Those work light are fire hazards.

I connected a LED street light to the top of a tractor ( you all know how bright street lights are ) and it throws light 360 degrees

/ Anyone ever try the LED light bars? #10  
I've gone LED everything. LED street lights, LED area lights, LED security lights. I just switched our some 1000W sodium lights on the building with 50 watt LED and the LED throws the same light, at 1/20th the cost. I can run the LED all month darn near for what the 1000 watt cost me in a day.

Think about it on a 20 amp circuit you can run nearly 40 led lights rather than 4 of the 500 watt halogen. Bets part is they don't get HOT. Those work light are fire hazards.

I connected a LED street light to the top of a tractor ( you all know how bright street lights are ) and it throws light 360 degrees

Hey Cat...where dod you get the led security lights?? I have four mercury vapors I might change out since one bulb has gone again.