Did the boot rub the plate?
Did the boot rub the plate?
I have no idea,you can bet next spring I'll be taking a close look when I put the mower deck back on,I'm thinking it just came from massive amount of leaves that I munched up. I did do a lot of burning brush piles this summer,had to cut down about 50 trees this year and did use the fel to keep pushing the pile together,very possible that I got branches up there too,all this with the mower deck on. When i have the deck on I dont use the plate I made,only put that on in the winter to protect the fan from chunks of frozen snow. I fiqured the deck protects the fan unless I'm really going nuts in the brush but am very careful of branches getting anywhere near the underbelly. So basicly havent a clue,especially scince this hasnt happened to other people.
You need a friendly auto parts store that carries the split boots for front wheel drive cars.
Arm yourself with measurements (major and minor diameters and length).
For sure there has to be something that will fit, all it will take is patience and a willing clerk.
Last option; an old inner tube wrapped, say 2 X and couple of screw hose clamps 'til you can get the proper boot, you do want to keep the crap out.
piloon-yeah,been thinking something like that,was checking online-site named " thecvman " gonna have to get under and take some measurements,I have an outside caliber that will make short work of the measurements then the hard part,trying to match one up.
Also thought about wrapping rubber around it but not sure if the clamps will hit while turning,even thought about buying one from bota for 2.50 and cutting it,then contact cement.
****,aint it a bitch,one way or the other is going to be a pain in the ***. Love the bota though!!!
Spray on rubber coating. The kind used to protect tools. It comes in a can to dip tool handles and spray on. If there is a part that moves just put electrical tape on the joint then spray.
Just want to apoligize for the swear words,thanks for editing.
Hmmm,have to think about the rubber spray,know what your talking about though,not sure about spraying around the exposed bearing though.
I noticed my front boot was torn during a fan belt replacement. This BX has only 52 hours on it and there has been no time when we drove it over something that would have gotten up there and torn it. I noticed that the rubber is very thin where the tear occurred. My fix was some black RTV for now. The boot itself is only 4 bucks from Kubota but the hassle to get the driveshaft out is a whole different story. :eek:
I just got through replacing both drive line boots on my BX23. After looking at it for a while, I found that I didn't need to remove the fenders or the ROPS. By unbolting the floor pan from the fenders, and some careful manipulation, was able remove the floor pan to get to the drive shaft Removal of 5 bolts and I had the shaft in hand. Replacing the boots was a simple process of removing a couple of snap rings, and removing the CV joints. With the drive shaft out, replacing the fan would have taken an additional 5 minutes. The total job took me about two hours at a leisurely pace.
I guess I don't understand why Kubota would make this task so difficult in later models.