hst boots

/ hst boots #1  

oldtommyboy

Tractor
BX25
Hello everyone,quick question- I made a plate to protect my hst fan and dang if I didnt get the front boot ripped off instead.
Does anyone know of a replacement split boot so I dont have to remove the propeller shaft on this bx25?
Kubota's boot is 2 dollars and some cents but I do know about the pain in the *** procedure to get the shaft out so is there an aftermarket split boot somewhere?
Concerns,ideas,etc.Thankyou

/ hst boots
Wow,163 views and nothing,oh well guess i know where that leaves me !

/ hst boots #3  
I don't know about the split boot but welcome to TBN.

/ hst boots #6  
Try an internet search. I am guessing no, because a split boot means a spot that woild leak and let crud in.

/ hst boots #7  
Welcome to TBN, I would help you if I could, but unfortunately I cannot. I have never seen this come up before on the forum.

James K0UA

/ hst boots #8  
How about some Gorilla tape or electrical tape to help until you get it resolved.

/ hst boots #9  
You can buy some liquid rubber that will probably make an effective repair. Make sure you clean the seam very well, using whatever the recommended solvent/cleaner is. If you want to, and can find access, you might consider using the equivalent of a tire patch on the inside of the seam as well. This would provide more strength. The liquid rubber cure rate will be a function of temperature, so you may want to do it in a heated garage, or use a hair dryer. Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

Phil

/ hst boots
I found the boot laying on top my mower deck when I took it off last week,its destroyed,dont know how or when-thinking when I was munching leaves this fall-no clue. I know you used to be able to but them for car cv joints.
Fiqures,I built a plate to protect the fan and I do this somehow.Yep totally destroyed,only about half is left,looks like a animal chewed it up but no way ( in my garage )
Didnt think about just taping up around it,really dont want to tear this apart,got enough things to do with winter coming.