Parking brake

/ Parking brake #1  

idaho181

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L4600 HST, 1963 D-4 Dozer
I have 5 hrs on my L4600, HST. Can't get the parking brake to hold. Contacted the dealer that sold it to me. He said he would have the service manager contact me about it. Been two weeks. No call or email. Can I adjust this myself? I push the brake down very firmly and push the brake lever forward. It seems to stay in position but then releases without warning. I feel the dealer doesn't want to fix this until the 50 hr service. I still need it to push some snow and feel this is a real safety issue. Opinion please

Thanks Mike

/ Parking brake #2  
I have no idea what the problem might be, but for pushing snow (or any other task really) since it is an HST, I don't know why you'd be using the parking brake at all. Except to park of course, but task-wise, I don't see a real need for it. If you're going forward with the HST and need to stop, you just rock the HST to the point of reverse.

/ Parking brake
I will be using the parking brake when I'm hooking and unhooking the implements and don't want it backing over me while doing so. I have a lot of sloping ground and sometimes dropping the front end loader on snow won't hold it either. It's going to be spring before I reach the 50 hour mark for service and I will be using it to feed cattle as well. Just trying to be safe.

Best

I have no idea what the problem might be, but for pushing snow (or any other task really) since it is an HST, I don't know why you'd be using the parking brake at all. Except to park of course, but task-wise, I don't see a real need for it. If you're going forward with the HST and need to stop, you just rock the HST to the point of reverse.

/ Parking brake #4  
I will be using the parking brake when I'm hooking and unhooking the implements and don't want it backing over me while doing so. I have a lot of sloping ground and sometimes dropping the front end loader on snow won't hold it either. It's going to be spring before I reach the 50 hour mark for service and I will be using it to feed cattle as well. Just trying to be safe.

Best

Well, as I said, you wouldn't be using it except to PARK while exchanging implements. :) Yeah, I'd hound the dealer on this one a lot then.