New wr long grapple

/ New wr long grapple #31  
I bought a grapple for my Bobcat and it has revolutionized log handling for me too. I did find out though that you have to be careful when you grab a really long pole with it - was pushing some standing dead pines over and one fell and got hooked under one side of the grapple and racked it badly.

/ New wr long grapple
Yeah I try to be really careful about that kind of thing. We run several T300 bobcats where I work and we have an 84" heavy duty grapple and we are still very mindful. We try and carry our logs as low as possible to reduce stress on the loader boom while traveling.

/ New wr long grapple #33  
It's about 48" when it's fully open. Keep in mind Long builds their grapples in two categories for large and small tractors. I run the smaller size to keep weight down and it seems the perfect match for my tractor.

Boy I wish I was as smart as you were.... I put the six foot Long heavy duty grapple with the solid bucket on my L and it's way too heavy for the machine. Bucket won't curl with any authority, too much weight way out front.
The open bottom makes more sense. I should have gotten the standard oem bucket and then your open Long grapple in addition. I tried to combine the two functions, and yes it works nicely, but the HD Longs belong on an M, not an L.
I do the same kind of wood gathering you do, and boy is it fun.

/ New wr long grapple
daugen said:
Boy I wish I was as smart as you were.... I put the six foot Long heavy duty grapple with the solid bucket on my L and it's way too heavy for the machine. Bucket won't curl with any authority, too much weight way out front.
The open bottom makes more sense. I should have gotten the standard oem bucket and then your open Long grapple in addition. I tried to combine the two functions, and yes it works nicely, but the HD Longs belong on an M, not an L.
I do the same kind of wood gathering you do, and boy is it fun.

You'd be amazed the difference you'd see going down to the 56" open bottom. It would really wake that loader up. Since you don't have much use on it I doubt you'd have much trouble in trading. Somebody with an M would probably love to have it.

/ New wr long grapple #35  
Does nobody listen? sigh..........