Tires Industrial tire vs Turf tire

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #1  

Airportbum365

Tractor
Ford LGT 14D
I am buying a BX25 compact tractor and would like to get the industrial/commercial tire but i am afraid
that it will rip up the grass to much in that case i would have to settle with the turf tire

Any experience here?

Thanks

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #2  
We have a BX2660 with Turf tires, a B7500 with R4s (Industrial tires) and a L3830 with R1s (Ag tires).
They will all leave an indentation in wet/soggy ground. The turfs leave a flat indentation, the R4s leave an R4 imporint and the R1s leave an R1 imprint.
None of them really tear up the ground unless you try to turn too sharply or spin your wheels. If you spin, the turfs will tear things up the least, but you are also more likely to spin than with the other tire types.
If loking for a tire that is "in between" I might look at the Carlisle All Trail/All Trail II tires. They should have more traction than turfs, but should leave less of a mark than R4s.

Aaron Z

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #3  
I am buying a BX25 compact tractor and would like to get the industrial/commercial tire but i am afraid
that it will rip up the grass to much in that case i would have to settle with the turf tire

Any experience here?

Thanks

I have industrials on my BX and if you turn sharp at speed you'll definitely leave a good size tire eyebrow in your turf. If you take it easy in the turns you'll not have much of a problem. The question is, do you need industrails at all; if not go with the T-tires.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #4  
I would highly recommend R4 (Industrial) tires on a BX25. I have heard of a lot of people busting turf tires on the front with a FEL, apparently they are pretty easy to poke stuff through when heavily loaded. I have a BX2660 with a FEL with R4's and have no problem what so ever damaging the grass under normal conditions. At least 90% of my use is mowing. If you spin the R4's they will rip up the grass, but my yard is very hilly and I seldom ever spin. I think the R4's are a good all around tire.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #5  
I've had/have turf/ag and R4s.
For just mowing I prefer the Turf and to my surprise they did good in snow.
For all my Bs and my BX25 I buy R4s. I think (don't know for sure and don't really care for those that want to tell me I'm wrong about it) R4s are stronger side wall and less prone to leaks/flats than turfs. I've never had yard (I don't have lawn) issues with the R4s or turfs but I had Ags on a B2320 and they are rather aggressive and in my opinion would be the last choice for a yard.
The ground and moisture is the biggest factor more than the tread as far as yard (Lawn) damage.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #6  
I have r4s on my bx. I mow grass with it and they don't tearnup the turf . I have a fairly steep hill that I keep my implements on top of. I can go up it wet with out hurting the grass. I personally prefer r4s for the increased traction and they are more puncture resistant. If you were just going to mow I say get turfs but since you have a loader and back hoe I think r4s would be best. I know lawn mowers that I have had with turfs pack with mud easily. I have no regrets with the r4s for mowing or doing tractor related tasks. I also like the looks of the r4 tire on a bx. R4's are a good all around tire, they are sometime called gp or general purpose tires.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #7  
I had the same concerns, went with the R4s, glad I did.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #8  
Any tire can tear up the grass in 4WD or if the ground is soft/wet. In 2WD, you should be fine on the grass with industrials or turfs. If doing a lot of front loader work on dirt or gravel, I'd definitley recommend industrials.

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #9  
Another thought, if you are buying the tractor new you might want to purchase both Turf and R4's. Now I'm looking for a set of turf tires for the winter as everyone says they are the best in snow and R4's are the worst. Looking back I wish I had bought both, or at least asked the price. My tractor had turf tires on it on the lot and I paid the $40 upgrade to have the dealer swap out to the R4's. Later I read, probably on this forum that the dealer can purchase sets of tires and rims at a reasonable cost for customers like me that want a different type tire on a new tractor. The key is if I remember correctly is you have to ask the tractor salesman, not the parts guy. I think it is some kind of option code the salesman can order. Maybe someone can elaborate on this?

/ Industrial tire vs Turf tire #10  
Kabuki Tractor said:
Another thought, if you are buying the tractor new you might want to purchase both Turf and R4's. Now I'm looking for a set of turf tires for the winter as everyone says they are the best in snow and R4's are the worst. Looking back I wish I had bought both, or at least asked the price. My tractor had turf tires on it on the lot and I paid the $40 upgrade to have the dealer swap out to the R4's. Later I read, probably on this forum that the dealer can purchase sets of tires and rims at a reasonable cost for customers like me that want a different type tire on a new tractor. The key is if I remember correctly is you have to ask the tractor salesman, not the parts guy. I think it is some kind of option code the salesman can order. Maybe someone can elaborate on this?

My dealer told me alot of people do order a second set cause they are so cheap. Have you thought about a set of chains for yours? That may be a cheaper option than a second set of tires plus they will take up less space. I have seen bx's on youtube plowing with r4s without chains and they are doing really good. If you would be interested in a set of of chains you may want to check with tirechains.com, they have good prices.